1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Mini-P4 2GHz

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by DJMyst, 18 Oct 2002.

1. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

How do you make this pile of junk fit into this tiny briefcase??? Watch this space to find out.

[​IMG]

Specs:
    P4 2GHz 400FSB
    MSI 6533 mobo
    on-board 32MB video
    512MB PC2100
    on-board sound
    10GB HD

Gonna make a nice file server and LAN box. :D:D:D:D

2. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Smash the lid down and quickly sit on it? :D

Sounds cool, there have only been a couple briefcase mods done before, so I look forward to seeing this one, as I think they are cool.

Hope it all goes well and get some piccies up!

3. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

This one is gonna take a little time as I have to work out where everything is going to fit. The mobo BARELY fits. It'll just fit once I get the hole dremeled out for the ports. Got the PS out of the shell tonight and me and a buddy are working on the design for how to fit everything. I hope to get more done to it this weekend but I don't know as I want mine done!!! :D:D:D

4. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

I can help you with fitting the stuff inside the case ;)
    Nah, briefcases can be pretty cool, when you choose the right briefcase that is. This looks like the same old alu-like briefcase everybody uses, so maybe do something spectacular with it. It might be an awesome mod though...

5. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

Well I really want it to look clean and plain, so if you don't look at it close enough, it will look like an ordinary briefcase.

6. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Have everything internal, and when you want to use it, just open it up and plug stuff in.

Or cut out a piece of the briefcase, and make a little flap to cover the plug area of the mobo and route your PSU power cable plug through there (to hide it in the same way)

Cuz then you'd be walking along and then in a matter of minutes could wip out a nice LCD from your real brieface, along with a mouse and one of these and be up and running with a PC to 0wnx0r anyone in your game of choice!

7. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

LOL @ Kargin!! Yeah that's true. I'm shooting for only seeing the mobo ports, and the PS plug. I've relocated the handle to back b/c the mobo ports will be in the front. Haven't decided exactly where the PS plug is going though yet. It's gonna be flush with the outside of the case though so you can't see it unless you know where to look. hehehehe This is my first totally custom PC I'm trying to do so I hope it turns out well.

8. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Sounds cool man, best of luck to you.

I know how hard it is to fit everything in a small space... Even though I have Lian Li pc-70.... Hummm... I have too many lights..... :D

9. Yammosk

Yammosk What's a Dremel?

one idea i had after basically putting my briefcase box in my cupboard for a while was making an external box (Just a little jiffy box) with all teh connectors on the back of a computer.
    so basically like having only 1 say paralell connecton on teh briefcase and it all running from a jiffy box through the cable to the computer

If u understand that

that way it makes the case look neater by having maybe 2 ports instead of all the usual on the back of the PC

Yammosk

10. jethro

jethro Modthusiast

I agree, with the clean look, i am working on a project right now to put all components into a briefcase, but i am embedding a 13.3" XGA tft in the inside of the lid and a keyboard in the bottom lid. Basically making a laptop, but with agp support :)

11. ElGatoLoco18

ElGatoLoco18 What's a Dremel?

:naughty: Heh my friend was planning on doing that.. Although he was using a bigger case. I must say that I am very interested on seeing how things go with this project..

12. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

Well this one will probably have to wait awhile as I have other, more important things, to get done first. :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: But I'll complete it one day and definitely give you the details.

13. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

They're not cheap, but you can actually buy solid cases with TFTs built in to the outside of the case. A solid panel fits over the screen and locks in place to protect it whilst you're carrying it about.

Inside it's just a normal briefcase with space to chuck in your laptop and other papers.

It's primarily designed for people who need to give presentations, but I guess you could put a PC inside the case, and the screen part is already done for you :)

14. Samiel_6

Samiel_6 Samiel_6

This is the post my friend told me about. I like the idea. What shall you call it. Brieftop or something?

15. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

I don't really know what to call it. If I ever get time to finish it, it's going to be a game server for LANs and such. I'll hafta come up with a good name for it.