If you have any comments, please post them in the discussion thread Link to project log on old system (locked). --------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’ve been floating round the forums for a while now, commenting on people's work and ideas, time to receive some feedback on my own. After many months of planning and saving for bits it's finally coming together; welcome to my project With so many influential modders such as Nexxo, coolmiester, G-gnome, Pug and many others, inspiration hasn't been hard to find. My plan is to customise a Chieftec case to hold a big bore water cooling system, incorporating many people's ideas aswell as my own. After many hours of searching the web and forums I decided a Chieftec mid-tower would be perfect for holding all the gear. With the existing mods done to the Dragon series, I decided to go for the Matrix series to produce something a little more individual. I managed to get one of the last mid-tower models from Germany, it turned out to be quite a bit more expensive than the full tower but I was prepared to pay the difference for the non-blowholed side panel and overall smaller size. Anyway enough banter, first of all I need to get the case ready to host my water cooling gear. My Christmas present that arrived from Tekheads, let’s open it up Here’s the stock case, it’s a Chieftec Matrix MX-01WD in beige. A shot with the front bezel open. The side panel. I ended up paying more for it being non-blowholed but it’ll pay off when it gets cut. The side panel removed, nice and spacious case for a mid-tower. The HDD cages, pity these will have to be removed, means I’ll have to get an adaptor for my HDD to mount it in the large cage. The HDD cage holders, these are held in by 3 pop rivets each, 5 minute job with a drill and small drill bit. HDD cage holders removed, lots of space there now Here’s a test fit with the XSPC R-120D, now you begin to see how the Chieftec mid-towers are made for water cooling. Next task was to drill the holes for the radiator, I used a template and the shroud to accurately mark them out. Once that was done, I decided to cut out a basic outline of the shroud for the radiator fans to freely pull air in from outside the case; this turned out to be a total pain as the panel already had holes drilled in for the 80mm intake fans. After triple checking my marking I was happy it would work. Next day I took the naked case to the school workshops and made the cuts with a jigsaw. Considering it was my first time with a jigsaw, I think I did ok The cut needed tidying up with a hacksaw and a file before it was ready for some blowhole trim. I also gave the rear blowholes a little treatment of my own to allow for better airflow, I cut the pre-drilled grills with metal tin-snips, they also needed a file down to tidy them up. Here’s a test fit of the radiator installed from the front. From the inside. I’m pleased at how things have turned out; the cuts should provide the radiator fans with enough airflow to do their stuff.