1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Neon osiris - UPDATED

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by bowmore, 19 Dec 2004.

1. bowmore

bowmore What's a Dremel?

hey, im goning to mod my computer case (duh). I like green so i'm going to make it mainly Uv green.

this is the case at the start (i forgot to take pics of it befroe i started,
    oh and my one is black but still the same)

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

I will be posting how its coming along tomoro, and im getting a few more bits for xmas so it will be done shortly after.

also I want to put "HAWK" on it some where, no im not sure if i should cut it out or paint it on or somthing else, comments would be appreciated :thumb:

thanks

bowmore

Last edited: 8 Mar 2005
  2. RiPz

RiPz What's a Dremel?

try graphics shops.. they will usually knock up simple text stickers [vinyl] while you wait, because its a simple process of - choose font - choose size - type word - plot (print), shuoldnt cost too much, and will give a better finish than painting it on... we have a few in my town so i'm sure you do

3. bowmore

bowmore What's a Dremel?

thanks for that, i know theres a shop in Reading where they do printing, i know they print on clothes so maybe they do somthing like that. :D

4. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

This is almost exactly why a coustomer of mine is having me do. Hope yours turning out as great as mine is. A word the the wise tho, get a new PSU becuase the stock one sucks. I replaed it with a ThermalTake 420watt and it works like a charm. Also was cheap at 41.00 USD. I had the chassis painted Neon Green from a pro car painter. I find these cases easy to work with too. Good Luck. :thumb:

5. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

Hey, looks like some good planning and good ideas that we have to look forward to! :thumb: I just wanted to warn you that there are no work pics in this Log yet, so you might want to pop in an update before this thread gets moved over into the Modding section. :)

6. bowmore

bowmore What's a Dremel?

Painting my mobo and g card today, il post once this is done, il prob get carried away and do loads of stuff :rock:

7. bowmore

bowmore What's a Dremel?

Update

ok spent all day on it , got quite alot done as well, ive painted the inside the psu and the mobo and g card.
    [​IMG]

i used my jrn hacksaw on it, it was quite easy to do, then finished it off with a file.

[​IMG]

this is a pic of the fans im using, UV reactive green, i have allready braided them.

[​IMG]
    Oh wonderful the earth wire has come off, you could simply soilder it back on yes?

[​IMG]
    unlike fans ive had before this one has circuit in an in accessable place
    usually its on the back where you peel off the sticker and blam its there, but
    i cant get to this i cant even dismantle the fan anymore so bye bye :waah:

this is what the mobo looks like
    [​IMG]

and this is my psu painted and braided, i took the cover off to spray it, then
    whilst it was drying did the braiding on the other part. i think ive done a good job with the braiding.
    [​IMG]

This is the bottom of the case, look at that mobo glow :naughty:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    coming along nicely, still not done though as i have more stuff coming for xmas - new cdrw/dvd combi drive, artic cooler, UV studs and wire and a few other things.

all in all its going nicely i think, what do you think???
    current spec if your interested is
    AMD3000+ 400fsb
    Gigabyte k7 triton
    1024mb ddr twinmos fsb400 RAM
    Ati 9800Pro AGPx8
    Maxtor 60gb hdd

8. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Dunno if you have already, but maybe line the bottom of the case with UV acrylic? Don't you just love glowshop :rock: ...

<A88>

9. Hazchem

Hazchem Minimodder

Holy turd that's a big heatsink! I like the way the name of the project is sorta either a piss-take or a mild plagiarism of project black narcissus on this site keep it up, btw personally, I despise those cases, so don't stop changing it!

10. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

dam that looks sweet

i have a scorpio 868 too the window looks really nice without the design

did u paint the raidmax psu or is it a different one?

11. bowmore

bowmore What's a Dremel?

thanks

i sprayed the PSU with fluorescent paint that i got from my local car shop place type thing. worked well i think.

and as for the name, well its actually the name of my website i made a year ago (buncha random crap) just like the word osiris really :worried:

im getting Orange UV studs for xmas which i will stick on the outside and hook up some UV cathodes out there aswell :rock:

12. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

dang i kinda wanna cut out my window hehe

13. bowmore

bowmore What's a Dremel?

its pretty easy, jrn hacksaw + file = no crappy pattern :D

14. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

i kinda like the pattern though :D

but it looks good without it too

15. bowmore

bowmore What's a Dremel?

make ya mind up :nono:

16. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

i can never make my mind up :wallbash:

17. bowmore

bowmore What's a Dremel?

discision dice? :rock:

18. moddenmania

moddenmania What's a Dremel?

i love the way the window looks without the crappy thing they have on there great work i think i'll try that with my zorro :clap:

19. bowmore

bowmore What's a Dremel?

i must admit, ive been staring at it for like 15mins at a time, kinda mesmerising
    :worried:

20. moddenmania

moddenmania What's a Dremel?

i was looking at your pix and i see you have a gigabyte ga7n400 pro but you've only go 3 dimm slots and the ga7n400 usually have 4 slots and it appears they aren't dual channel the only thing that i can think is that you didn't get the rev. 2 version. Oh bye the way what fan grill is that it looks great

Last edited: 22 Dec 2004