1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project - Nia One

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by whatsthatnoise, 22 Aug 2012.

1. whatsthatnoise

whatsthatnoise What's a Dremel?

Here's the new outer shell for the case. No cutouts yet, just some bends and screws. :)

Using M3 Thumbscrews all over the place, at least until everything is completed (comes in handy with lots of assembling/disassembling while building the case).

front
    [​IMG]

back
    [​IMG]

sneak peak ... the painted part is supposed to be used as an access to the cables in the top of the case (remember the mobo is mounted by 90°), fitted with a hinge.

note: the mesh is not fitted yet, just loosely put into place; currently thinking about a good way to mount it. Hope glue will do the trick (less screws), but than again, screws might look not that bad, after all. Still needs to be decided ... :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I already mounted the bottom, too. Just forgot to make some pictures of it. It's also not quite done yet, needs some enhancements to strengthen it (reinforcing fins). Except for the bottom (which is 1mm stainless steel) everything is made of 1.5mm aluminium.

BTW, all pics of the "work in progress" stage are taken with my Galaxy S2. Final pics will be taken with a real camera. On top of that, there's quite some dust on the painted parts, which I forgot to remove before taking the pictures. ;)