1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Noiselesse

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by TetarZ, 29 Jan 2003.

1. TetarZ

TetarZ What's a Dremel?

O.K I'm working on my first reall moding project so don't expect it to be tremendously nice. I will post picts when I'll be able to get a camera.
    Here is the idea I want to get Aluminium sides and use them as giant heat sinks to drive the heat away from the system.

Okay so I will use that sloppy ATX tower that I have (Nope,It's not aluminium it would break my herat to waste one of those). The front bezeal is cut out leaving only the edge. I will bolt some plexy on it latter on so that it looks neat. I plane on making it macroblack style with a vfd shinning through.

For my heat pipe I will have to mount the Mobo upside down (cpu needs to be in the bottom of the case and it's better if the psu is too).

The whole case will be mounted upside down so there'll be some light modding here to make it look okay.

I will need to build the sides out of aluminium (If anyone has a nice guide on how to work with aluminium sheets it will be welcomed...)
    Oh a nice guide on how to work with plexi (Linear please).

And there's another question to linear: do you think you could get your tounch sensitive buttton to work through plexy (with the film...)? I'm waiting for yet another guide from you.... (Yep well the pb with making everything so nicely is thet you get everyone buggging you to get the guides...).

2. Phrozenpenguin

Phrozenpenguin What's a Dremel?

Good Luck.
    I want to do this - if you find a source for heatpipes let me know.

3. TetarZ

TetarZ What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 30 Jan 2003
  4. Phrozenpenguin

Phrozenpenguin What's a Dremel?

Il look into them :)