1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Retribution - Complete (8-28-03)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Dad, 24 Jul 2003.

1. Cowinacape

Cowinacape What's a Dremel?

Great work, and thumbs up to Dad for his use of an old fan as an intake for the front intake shroud, great piece of work there!:clap: :clap:

2. KrazyIvan

KrazyIvan What's a Dremel?

Excellent work Dad! :thumb: Man, I can't beleive how much alike we think. You just post all your ideas before I even get a chance to start on mine.:naughty: :waah:

3. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Thanks everyone for the kind words... I got the VFD running last night, but for whatever reason, couldn't get a decent picture of it doing its thing :/

With a flash \/
    [​IMG]

Without a flash \/
    [​IMG]

Oh, forgot to mention before that I had a hell of a time with the SATA drive! Don't know what was going on with it, but the bios would take forever to find it and fdisking the drive was a test of my patience. I got 2 partitions on the drive and when I tried to add more, suddenly XP couldn't access the drive :confused: The drive is brand new (Seagate 120g 7200.1 sata). Well, I got real frustrated after about 2 hours, grabbed my Visa card and went to the local computer store (where I get decent discounts) and bought a regular 120gb Seagate 7200.1 ATA... Now I have an SATA drive, un-used sitting on my desk :/ Anyone have any idea of why I had so many problems with this thing?

4. maeterlinck

maeterlinck What's a Dremel?

No specifically... have you tried the obvious things such as upgrading bios, setting bios to 'stability settings' and/or factory settings, running the system with mininium hardward (ie. one stick of ram, no cd rom etc.).
    Also does it work with m$ dos fdisk / format? narrow it to xp...

hth

5. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Yea, did everything I could think of. The bios is dated 6/03 and the farthest I got was with a copy of 2kPro.

Oh well. Not worried about it now. I'm using the same drive but regular ATA and it works just fine. I'll hang on to the sata drive for my next project.

6. Dragosoft

Dragosoft What's a Dremel?

Nice mod. i really like the new front panel and fan's. :rock: