1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project: SFX (water-cooled Z68 ITX SFF)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Combatus, 11 Apr 2012.

1. Snowcrash

Snowcrash What's a Dremel?

Hey Combatus, about the hight of the Silverstone's SFX PSU: is it 51.5mm? in the official site they say it's 63.5mm. could you please check and confirm what is the actual hight?

Good looking mod, man :rock:

2. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

My bad! I swear I copied those dimensions from somewhere official but it is indeed 63.5mm high! better go and correct myself!

3. Snowcrash

Snowcrash What's a Dremel?

Thanks for checking, man :thumb: Shame as I was hoping you got it right and they got it wrong. oh, well.

I've got another question if I may: how noisy/quiet is this particular PSU? from my experience, Silverstone's ATX PSUs are typically whisper-quite and I was wondering if they managed to pull it off in the smaller form factor as well (btw, I'm aware that this kind of thing is always a subjective matter, but I'm curious as to your impression).

4. Combatus

No probs. It's extremely quiet actually. Maybe not quiet as unnoticeable as a good ATX PSU, but it's far from annoying. I think my hard disk makes more of a racket!

5. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

Looking good Antony! Expecting to see some flame polishing! :p

6. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:hehe: I don't know if I should comment here or there. :lol:

Nice progress anyway Antony. :D

7. Combatus

I've been working on my flame polishing techniques actually! Bought a fantastic little mini blow torch for the job so will be dismantling the whole case at some point to do it, and the roof section. Should have a mega update at some point :D