1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Super blooo + watercooling |Big Update|Updated: 07-07-2005| -=Nice pics!!!=-

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by bullfrog, 18 Jul 2004.

1. bullfrog

bullfrog What's a Dremel?

In my first real case mod adventure i am not just going to do the basic window and light mod.

[​IMG]
    RED: I am gonna remove that cheap looking mod, and go for a more proffesional look by adding a new sink and fan to my vid card.

BLUE: I am gonna remove sink and mod it so i can add a small fan. Currently its got a flat surface that can easily be cut off.

GREEN: My current wire management that I will improve.

[​IMG]
    I am gonna cut away that little black marked part to wire ide cables behind mobo, C previous pic. I will also drill various holes from other side to wire the front panel switches and leds and wire it behind mobo tray in little opening.

[​IMG]
    The black marked part at the bottom will b cut out for stiffy drive cable and front usb ports from the back space behind mobo tray, barly visible. The harddrives are also going to b put in back to front fo obvious reasons.

[​IMG]
    I am painting all my case fans. The blades will be electric blue and the rest of the fans will be white. I might paint my amd fan but i dought it, its rather important, dont wanna stuff it up or slow it down with paint, lol. I'm on my first layer of primer on the blades.

[​IMG]
    The front beige part will be painted white and the blue part will be painted electric blue.The little pieces of perspex are the power and hardrive activity leds, the whole piece lights up with blue super bright leds.

[​IMG]
    Im cutting a rather detailed design out of my panel for a beginer, but i have been halted on the cutting part because i am having some difficulties with my dremel right now. Im am goint to leave the panel beige and paint the design blue, there is a little bit i will not be cutting out and that will be painted blue over the beige.

If you got any suggestions for my themeless mod, dont hesitate to share your ideas. Same with any questions.

Last edited: 7 Jul 2005
  2. bullfrog

Summary

*I have already cut out 1 front and 1 back fangrill.
    *I have started to paint the blades of the fans (blue+white)
    *I have done most of the planning on my hidden wiring, but i want you all in suspense on how i will be hiding my wiring!
    *I have cut out half of my window.
    *I am planning to make a custom fan grill for back fan.
    *I am going to paint my psu electric blue.
    *I will also b painting my molexes blue.
    *Add fan to north bridge sink.
    *I will add a new heatsink to my video card, and also ram sinks.
    *The case will be lighted by two blue dual cold cathodes.(from modshop)
    *I am also going to put 3 super bright leds in my KB to match my case.
    *My mouse will also be painted blue and white.

3. Aa-chan

Aa-chan AA-CHAN

Looks like it could be a really promising mod on a basic case :) .

How about turning the HDD cage round so that the cables were facing the motherboard side? This would mean they would have to travel an even shorter distance to the motherboard and potential reduce clutter further.
    Just a thought :idea: .

4. nicke

nicke What's a Dremel?

WOW! that window is going to look so cool :cooldude: ---> :hip:

5. D B

D B What's a Dremel?

Way to plan a mod ! good ideas , going to look sharp when you are done
    DB

6. bullfrog

i already turned the hdd's around, but i cant turn the whole thing, i got a stiffy drive going out the front, ill try it though, thnx.

7. bullfrog

Name

I really suck with thinking out names, got any suggestions?

8. EdHunTer

EdHunTer What's a Dremel?

umm if i were you i wouldn't mod the NB heatsink. WTF for? the passive cooling is enough for it and thje less fans the better imho.

The window does look good :)

9. invader crack

invader crack What's a Dremel?

nice start thus far case definitaly looks like it could use sum color on the inside and you really cant go wrong wiht a plan i need to make me one :dremel:

10. bullfrog

I plan on Ocing and the sink is getting a little hot. As for noise, my hddrives make a high pitch noise so i cant get my case any louder with or without fans. So i decided i would rather have alot of fans making some nice relaxing noise to dampen the high pitch noise.

11. Arkuden

Arkuden mow?

if noise doesnt bother you much then go for it, you might not see much of a diff in temps though. Use some artic silver hehehe :rock:

That window will look wicked sick too! I like how you are keeping the case on color and accenting other parts to make it stand out like that. You could do some cool effects on the fire thing if you felt like it, like a blue color fade or textured, or soemthing. looks good though!

12. bullfrog

U talking about my design? It will be painted blue, ill post a pix of the panel of how it is going to b!

13. bullfrog

[​IMG]
    Ok this is a basic idea of my window. The yellow is the parts i will be cutting out, the white is the panel and the blue is the piece of metal that will be painted blue. The piece painted blue over the white will only be masked and painted blue.

14. D B

D B What's a Dremel?

Looks Killer! one thought though , depending what you use to cut it out , you may want to leave the window till last to add support when cutting out the design
    DB

15. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

I know i reconise that designe.. I's from BudK right?? Thats one of my favoritet knives.

And is it just me or does that designe go a bit to close to the bottom?? i'm thinking strength of the side with only < 1/4" of it left in a few spots.

16. bullfrog

Already cut rest of window, busy on design now. Yes it is from budk. The blue isnt gonna b cut, where it overlapses it will b painted. That is not completly right, check first post where i already cut it.

17. LabRat1

LabRat1 What's a Dremel?

:hehe: I did that to my comp long ago

Thats going to be one nice looking window if you get it done

also Post up your specs

18. bullfrog

specs

I havent got much done this week since my school just started last week. But hopefully ill will do some more this weekend.

Specs:
    Mobo: Epox 8rda3I
    Cpu: AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (stock kewling)
    Hdd: 2X40Gb Hardrives
    PSU: Aopen 300Watt
    Optical drives: 1 Cdwriter + 1 Old cdrom
    Graphics card: Nvidia FX 5200 256Mb DDR Ram
    Case: Some cheap, unknown case!!

19. bullfrog

Ok i have a little prob with my dremel, still cant get it to work right. tried many things, change brushes, change bearing etc. Now it runs but only for 30secs then i have to wait a while then cut again. I think i damaged the motor when i used it for 2 hour straight. Its gonna be hard to cut all the things i have to, so ill just do that untill it burns out and then get a proper dremel. Ill post some pics of what ive done later this weekend!!

20. timbudtwo

timbudtwo What's a Dremel?

ehh... how exactly do you dissasembel your fans... ive never been able to... and i cant find anyhting online or on teh forums with my searches....