1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project|The Cube

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Geowal19, 18 Apr 2009.

1. Geowal19

Geowal19 What's a Dremel?

From reading the Mountain Mods H2g0 reveiw in Custom PC's magazine (Issue 068, page51) I fell in love with cube cases but I wasn't going to get a mirco-atx cuboidy case nor was I going to spend £305 on the H2g0. So I sat and thought about it, I love making things so why not try to make one, this was the result it isn't finished yet but unlike a lot of people on here i will update this thread within a couple of days when I have finished! Heres some photos.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The outisde it will be filled then sanded smooth then spray painted black with a 'The Cube' logo on the front. I still need to cut the optical drive face holes out though. I will also cut two holes out in the bottom half for two 120mm fans for watercooling.

[​IMG]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The right hand side, I have moved away from the design of the mountain mods motherboard rack on the top and put it in the bottom self for better cable management otherwise the cables would not have been long enough. At the top left are the optical drive racks.

[​IMG]

The left hand side, the top right is the hard drive rack (when finished it will hold upto four HDDs) and on the left is the PSU. I'me thinking of eluminated clear acrylic for the sides.

[​IMG]

Veiws of the top shelf looking at the HDD rack, the optical drive rack and the PSU.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the bottom shelf with the removable motherboard tray soon to be held down with wing nuts so a screwdriver isn't needed which will not fiot in that shelf.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The front of the case will have a red on/off button along with the holes for up to three optical drives.

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking please leave any comments.

Last edited: 19 Apr 2009