1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Project] "The Punisher"

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Srjabardo, 30 Jan 2005.

1. Srjabardo

Srjabardo What's a Dremel?

[Project] "The Punisher" The Beginning

Good evening everyone!!! I'm a portuguese guy.. so.. in the beginin' i'ld like to warn you, my english may not be has good as wanted... :D :duh:
    OH! And this is my first post in this forum!

So.. heres it goes my project.. heh

Well, i managed to get two Big ATX cases and i decided to make a mega-case with them... there's where i found he name for this project... "THE PUNISHER".. why? Hum.. let me see.. 2 big atx cases...side by side or one on top of the other... people think.. THAT'S HUMUNGUS! HUGE! SCARY!heh.. and son on.. i guess you've imagined what i'm tryin' to say.

next, we have some shots that i've taken from the cases (sorry for the quality, but's my cellphone) :

The 2 cases, one on top of the other:
    [​IMG]

This is me :duh: , with the uglyone on the pic, with the cases by my side, so you can see the hight ou the cases (my height is 1,88m)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

both cases on the scale (i think that the apropriate name for this), so i can see tha combined weight of them...
    [​IMG]
    SURPRISE!! Nor mor nor less... Nothing more than 25kg!! ATTENTION! Both cases are empty:
    [​IMG]

here we can see the cases feet, they're quite resistant! i've sittec in the case, and she dind't make a single crack or "jingle", not a single move, just steady. (a litle call of attention, my weight is 135kg :eeek: )

[​IMG]

And, finally, some pictures of the cases, in very angles:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The comparison betwen my actual project, the "CC" project, an Coolermaster Centurion 5 case, and one on "The Punisher" case.
    [​IMG]

Detail of the floppy drive place on-top of the case, wich i will probably use to put my hdd's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Question is.. side by side? or one on top of other?

Well.. coMment PLEASE!
    All ideas are welcome!

Last edited: 30 Jan 2005
  2. Tanaban

Tanaban What's a Dremel?

Hmmm I would think that two side by side would be safer choice. More stable, as in it probably will not get nudged and fall. Cable lengths might become a problem if you don't custom make them in a one on top of the other set up. *shrug* either way it’s going to be a big one.

3. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

i agree. and i like the proportions of the case when they are placed side by side.

you could weld the frames of the cases together and then make a new top and front for them.

Is the punisher series (from marvel) going to be the theme of the case? or did you name it the punisher because of it's size or something(that's how i understood it from what you wrote)?

Good luck man. have fun!

4. Srjabardo

Yes, it is inspired by de Comic book ;) and here's just an idea of what the side of the case will have... or.. should i say.. the front?

I think i will use this fan grill design, to make the Punisher skull:

[​IMG]

5. Dakal

Dakal What's a Dremel?

Those are Huge Cases. Ive worked with a similar style/sized case before, and straight up, you NEED caster wheels.

I'd suggest scraping one of the mobo mounting plates, as well as the rear IO configuration on one of teh cases, then make windows on both the right and left panels, create a custom top and front panel. For the setup inside, if you can afford it, WC. then have your mobo, VC and whetever else you wanna plug into your mobo on the left side of the cube, then have your CD ROMs and HDDs on the right, 3 12cm fans blowing into the left side (for the VC) and then 3 12cm Exhaust on the right rear, with a matching RAD, then have the pump mounted below the rad, and the rest of the setup over to where the Hardware is.

6. Srjabardo

Dakal first off all, hank you for halping me to decide which "lane" should a pic to start moddin' the cases.

But , when you takled about VC e do not understand what your were sayin', i'm portuguese, and some english abreviations i do not understand :S :worried: What does VC means?

And i would also like to ask you one more thing... you were sayin me to put the cases side by side, to cut of one of the board plate ( i assume it its the midle one) and to make a new front, but.. what do you mean by sayin' front? is the front, the one right in front of the mobo? or is the front on the usual side?

Next week my WC will arrive. Composed by an EVO 240,a Black Ice Pro, Aquacomputer Evo CUplex 1.1, Aqua computer Aquatube and aquabay, pump it is a Hydor L20 (700l/h).

7. Tanaban

Tanaban What's a Dremel?

If you don't have the tools to weld, get a pop riveter and drill to securely attach each case to the other. Cheap and easy to do.

8. munky

munky What's a Dremel?

VC = Video Card i guess

I'd stack them on top of each other, sure it wont be stable but I cant see this being too poertable so just givr it big feet and good welds...it will be a monster!!!!

Side by side it could just look like a big box....in my humble opinion...

9. Dakal

Dakal What's a Dremel?

Yes, VC = Video Card.

Ok, most Cube Cases have the motherboard mounted to one side, and it is separate from the other side of the case. (usually where the Power Supply Goes) Thats what I thought yous hould do. Keep the Motherboard mounted in one case, and it'd be in the middle of the case. You cut the other one out, so that you ca see in the window from the right side of the case. You might want to paint something interesting on the back of the Mother Board, like a Giant Punisher Skull.

By making a new front, I mean the actual front of the case. Get rid of the two front panels, and make your own out of acrylic, or metal.

I also suggest riviting the cases together, because rivest are easier to take out than welds, if you ever want to make the case into 2 again.

10. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

yes make them side by side looks much better. weld them together cut a new front and install a touch screen in the front. that would be nice :D

11. Protius-X

Protius-X What's a Dremel?

Damn! I want one of those cases to mod!

12. n0ll4k

n0ll4k What's a Dremel?

very nice

i love this case i have one with another front plate which is already modded but it will be modified in several days

13. DrPepper

DrPepper What's a Dremel?

Feels that this will be a nice mod ;)

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Welcome to the forums! Don't worry, your English is fine. I'm just envious about the fact that you live in a country where you can buy an absolutely perfect espresso anywhere you go, for only 50 Euro-cents... And then the seafood... and the wine... :sigh:

Sorry, I got distracted... Anyway, sounds like an interesting mod. If you value stability (in the sense that you don't want a tower of precious hardware to topple over) then I would say: side-by-side. :D

15. Rh1n0x

Rh1n0x What's a Dremel?

My Father is going to Portugal tmrw. Damn him. I want a vacation too!

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Always handy on those perky hard French books written by Zola. Or even strange vocabulary of Mann or Kafta.

GL with you monster mod! :thumb:

16. Srjabardo

heh, you'r right, the food.. the WINE... and the expresso.. HUMM! SO NICE! :thumb: :naughty:

COntinuing.. My idea was one the side of the mobo, i'll the Cut in the shape of the punisher skull, and then, put acrilic, or plexi, i do not know how do you call it, and then scratch it, in order to when i aply a UV neon, it "lights up", i dunno if you've understand.

The front.. i was thinkin in a metal skull or even.. a fiberglass shaped skull :D :rock: .

well.. in the top... i was thinkin i dunno.. LOL i need ideas!

In the side of the case, the left side,i was thinkin.. to cut the edges of the skull, to give a kind os scary effect when the case is lighted and the eyes glow a red light.(or blue, i haven't decided the theme color for the case)

My problem is also.. were to put the rads, in order to have both good cooling and apearence ;)

BTW. I think i've decided that The Punisher will be made with the cases syde by syde, secured by screws.

NOTE: my hardware is:

1 CPU - AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3400+, 2.42 GHz, L1: 64KB L2: 1024KB cooled by a Thermalright XP-90 with a 92mm Enermax fan in a DFI Lanparty UT 250gb with 512mb OEM, commin A-Data pc4800, Seagate Barracuda 80gb @ 7200rpms, XFX Nvdia 6600GT AGP cooled by Zalman VF700CU, and a 550w PSU Aerocool AeroPower Black Line

WC..comming next week.. heh

IDEAS!!! IDEAS!!! they're all welcome!!! :thumb:

17. nokie2

nokie2 What's a Dremel?

well,seems like a cool mod comming up :rock:
    as for the top, maybe u should look this up punisher :naughty:

bons mods man :dremel:

18. Srjabardo

HEH!!! Another Portuguese man in the forum!!! OLEEE!! portugal OLE!!!

I'm already makin' sketches and drawings on paper... imaging what course will the modd take... be prepared.. a BIG modd is commin'.. :p

19. Srjabardo

:naughty:
    hehe i'm begginin' to do the sketches for de modd.... beware.. a BIG modd is commin' up...

20. noCode

noCode What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 1 Feb 2005