1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project "Underground"

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ReFredzRate, 16 Mar 2006.

1. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

About one and a half year ago I bought a Chenbro Xpider case. It's been standing on my desk ever since. First months it wasn't modded at all. After that I just started doing small mods to it. Cutting a window in which has never been placed any acrylic, modded the front USB ports. Nothing special to be honest.
    Untill a few weeks ago my life had become a bit boring and standard. Those few weeks ago, I started rediscovering my hobbies and my life.... The casemodding virus has returned!

Discussion thread

Here you have some eye candy of what the case started off like. Credit of these pictures goes to SweClockers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ReFredzRate

Project "Underground" - Discussion Thread

Comment and critics, as well as discussion about project "Underground" can go here.

Project log thread

3. ReFredzRate

Well, here's the first update. It's the motherboard side of the case, with its first stripe on it. Another one will be painted above it.

No pictures of the other sidepanel available yet, since the paint on that decided not to stick on the panel as good as it should. More on that tomorrow I hope.

Apologies for the bad picture quality. Lighting was not as good as it was supposed to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ReFredzRate

For the past two evenings I have been working on the other side panel. At this moment I've putten a thick layer of paint stripping gel on it, since the paint turned out even worse than I could have imagined. That means no update tonight :( Anyway, by Monday, maybe Tuesday I should have a picture of what the other panel turned out like.

As you may have seen, the top line of the stripe slopes a bit upwards. There will be another stripe above that, sloping even a bit more, to suggest some kind of speed.

5. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

With a case line that i would of carraid on with the spider them and taken insperation from the Audi "spider" advert.

6. ReFredzRate

Hey mate, haven't heard of any Audi Spider or anything, so I'm not really sure what you are referring to. Maybe if you have a picture, that would clear some things up.

Anyway, the intention is to make it look like a street racer, if possible a drift car. Today I took a few pictures of my brother's model drifters, so I have a few models to use for taking the theme along those lines.

7. ReFredzRate

Well guys, since the other side panel didn't work out that great I thought I'd put my mind to another piece of work. Just a bit of distraction, so I'd not get frustrated. For two more evenings I've been breathing paintdust and had headaches. With no further a due, I present you... The front bezel!!!

[​IMG]

Quite noticeable the picture quality of the original case pictures is an incredible lot better. Still need to get my camera adjusted a bit more to catch the light better. Unfortunately I can only work on the case in the evenings, so most pictures will be 'night shots'.

But as you can see in the next picture, the USB panel still needs a bit of work too. I am thinking about making a plexi piece to size, to fit into this hole. But of course, to make a bit more contrast this piece will be black again :)

[​IMG]