1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Projector pixel issues

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by favst89, 20 Oct 2011.

1. favst89

favst89 What's a Dremel?

I might be able to get hold of a reasonably old projector for free, an optoma dx626.

The image is not particularly good though. There are what look like dead/bright white pixels. I don't really know much about projectors but I assume there is some sort of transparent pixel/tn screen which the light shines through before going through the focusing lenses.
    Does anyone know if there is anything that can be done easily enough? Or seeing as it would be free I should just put up with this minor (unless it gets worse) irritant.

2. saspro

saspro IT monkey

It's a DLP model so I'd say you've got some stuck mirrors. Not a cheap fix as the entire DLP chip needs replacing (although I'd expect the dots to change colour as they pass through the colour wheel)

3. favst89

favst89 What's a Dremel?

I did read something about the DLP but wasn't sure. The dots are always white though, I've tried some of those pixel videos, the large pixel ones so you can still see the dead ones and they stay white.

4. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Sounds like the DLP chip is dead then.

Could be costly to repair