1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding PSone lcd and power strip issues

Discussion in 'Modding' started by cavitycr33p, 12 Mar 2005.

1. cavitycr33p

cavitycr33p What's a Dremel?

I know there are a million threads on this, but for some reason I am having strange problems, could be the newest power strip.

I have tried this using remote desktop and tighvnc, trying to configure powerstrip for the psone lcd vga mod using a Matrox Mystique pci card. Everytime I change the resolution in custom resolutions to the 640x480i and change it appropriately with the timings, I choose add resolution, and it will ask to restart windows before I can even get to the advanced timings. If I choose cancel and close out of that screen it goes back to 1024 or 800x600. If I choose restart windows without going to the advanced timings, it always restarts back into 1024 or 800, like the device did not take the resolution. I tried this with both windows default matrox drivers, and specific xp matrox drivers.

When I add resolution using tight vnc, tightvnc exits and says session close. I never get anything more than rolling blue or green lines on the lcd.

I think I have tried every which way to get powerstrip to take this resolution, and it just will not stick.

If somebody who has had success with this and the matrox card, could possibly list the exact steps and the order that you did them in, along with the order or detaching the regular monitor and switching to the lcd, I would be forever in debt. Im getting quite frustrated after buying both things, and not even get it to work in the slightest bit.