1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics PSOne LCD

Discussion in 'Modding' started by g0th, 12 Apr 2005.

1. g0th

g0th What's a Dremel?

The following questions relate to the Genuine Sony (round PCB) LCD's.

I want to make the mod compatible with a non-composite sync NVidia card, but at the moment i will be testing on the secondary (DVI) out on a radeon.

Now, the LCD's PCB has an LM1881 IC already onboard, and i'm guessing it's there to split the composite sync.

So any decent hacker would baulk at the prospect of adding additional sync-combining hardware.

Q: Do you think it will work to connect VSync and HSync to the outputs, pins 3 and 1 on the chip.

Q: When i apply power, with the video cable plugged in (Sync signals disconnected for now) the high pitched whine of the inverter is heard, after a second the green LED comes on, then the screen momentarily flashes bright, then goes dark again. The LED stays on for another second or two, then fades off. Any idea what's wrong? Is this normal? The power supply is a 7808, btw.

Thanks.

2. Gomi no Sensei

Gomi no Sensei What's a Dremel?

PS1 LCD CSync

G'day mate, CSync adaptors from seperate Sync lines are simple to build: Comp Sync Adaptor this page details why & how the circuit was used: Starfox VGA -> PS1 LCD I'm working on my own LCD but using Composite input. :dremel:

3. g0th

g0th What's a Dremel?

I know that.

But my Hacker mentality has got serious issues with building a seperate circuit to combine the sync, when it looks like the controller is stripping the sync signal apart again.