1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU PSU suggestions?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by maximus09, 7 Jun 2012.

1. maximus09

maximus09 Forever n00b

Hey people, been a while since I have been on this forum.

I have been wanting to find out peoples opinion on this for a while.

I have an Antec TruePower 650 and the Sata power cables really really bug me. The reason is that I have to rotate the cables 180 degrees to orientate them the right way for the hard-drives. I assume this is because this PSU was designed to be mounted in the top of the case and hence the sata connectors would daisy chain downwards.

However as a lot of cases these days, mine is mounted at the bottom, so I have to twist the connectors upside down, or mount my hard-drives upside down, grrr.

Finally I would like to mod or create my own Sata power cable so that the cables inbetween the connectors is at a perfect length for the space between the hard-drives.

Onto my question:clap:

Can anyone suggest a PSU that 1) is designed to be mounted at the bottom of the case, so the cables are the right way round, and 2) which PSU has cables which are the easiest to mod or create new cables for?:eeek:

Of course, having the PSU be quite and not hugely expensive would help too ;)

Thanks in advance!!

2. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Far over the misty mountains cold

Is there psus designed exclusively for bottom ? About the cables, aren't they supposed to be standard ?

3. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

What about something like this? Perhaps not exactly that but other extension type cables do exist - would be a lot cheaper than a new PSU.

Also, not sure what the cable management is like in your case but I simply run the cable upwards round the back of the motherboard tray to start at the top hdd and then work downwards to the bottom - is this not an option for you?

4. maximus09

maximus09 Forever n00b

I don't know if they are design for the top or bottom, it just seems that way with my PSU as I have to twist the connectors to fit the correct orientation.

unfortunately my sata power cable is not long enough to go all the way up the case and then back down the HDDs :(

I already use a few extentions but not for the SATA power cable.

I would like to just replace it and get a 100% modular one with long enough cables and ones I don't have to twist 180 degrees for the SATA. Any suggestions?

thanks