1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Psystar leaves Chapter 11

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 6 Jul 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I must have been living under a rock

3. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Psystar have got guts. I'll give them that.

Anyone think the EU gonna jump in with both feet against Apple like they did with Microsoft and Internet Explorer's integration into Windows?

4. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Nop won't happen. EU got nothing to do with this. Go go Psystar.

5. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

U can run Windows on a mac, why not the other way round its only fair.... hehe....

6. skunkmunkey

skunkmunkey Minimodder

After Apple trying to charge me £5.99 for a damn firmware update (which enables features they were too lazy or cunning to add from day one) I say GO PSYSTAR! Apple need to be reminded that they are not untouchable!

I agree the EU should step in, Microsoft got bitch slapped now its Apple's turn to get bruised.

7. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

not enough money there

8. harveypooka

harveypooka Fond of rumpots and crackpots

Yeah, I don't think that's Apple - it's something to do with a law preventing them giving updates to things that aren't subscription based? I don't really know the details. I read it somewhere. Probably on a forum. Written by a chimp. On drugs.

There's loads of guff here: http://forums.macworld.com/message/615046

9. FrankieG33

FrankieG33 Weekend Warrior

great news

someone needs to not let apple get away with ripping people off with their proprietary software. they should sell their software to anyone that can run it. apple is afraid it will lose its price premium if someone comes in and offers much better hardware at a much cheaper price. competition is a good thing, artificially creating barriers to entry is monopolistic. let them come in and offer a "inferior product", you wont have to support it, it wont tarnish your image, it wont even take profits away; it will just open up the lower spectrum of the market to another product. hell it will even open up more locations to sell ilife and all that other crap.

10. 1ad7

1ad7 What's a Dremel?

Im divided here. as far as ethics im on there side, if windows only ran on hardware bought from microsoft the world would jump there **** however because apple is so small they get away with it, so therefore apple is a monopoly as well. However if you are casio and you make calculators and you write software that rocks at calculations and adds good features then you can have it only run on your calculators obviously with no question of monopoly. So is apple a hardware company and a software company like microsoft or is it a product company that only creates 1 product a mac not a computer+ osx? thats the question that needs a answer

11. Whalemeister

Whalemeister is so hot right now!

LMAO - Applesauce!!! reminds me of a Kevin Smith film ;)

12. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

To 1ad7 here: Apple believes it's selling a complete product that consists of a Macintosh computer + its own Mac OS X as the operating system. They should not be used separately. You could think of Mac OS X as a firmware.

Go PSYSTAR!

Tags: Add Tags