1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling pump choice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by willowthewhite, 29 Dec 2007.

1. willowthewhite

willowthewhite Minimodder

I'm in the process of upgrading to water cooling and am wondering what fellow bit-tech members think about this pump: http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=77_87&products_id=632

I will be running processer, north bridge and vrm on one loop and two 8800gt and south bridge on a second loop.
    both loops will be cooled by black ice 240 gts.

The darkside has caught me and will definatly be overclocking the processer (hopefully higher than at present), the graphics cards may be overcloked but the water cooling is more to reduce the noise of these.

I'm still deciding on the waterblocks my choice is split between Danger Den and Alphacool (I have the vrm block which is made by alphacool)

2. LVMike

LVMike What's a Dremel?

3. BlueTrin

BlueTrin What's a Dremel?

Don't forget to post some results and pics : )

4. radodrill

radodrill Resident EI

I'd move the SB block into the CPU loop and upgrade that one to a 360mm radiator.

Definitely go with the D5 or DDC with Petra's Tech top.

I personally would not consider Alphacool for waterblocks; stick with DangerDen, EK-Waterblocks, Swiftech, or D-Tek.

My recommendations are:
    - CPU -- D-Tek Fuzion
    - GPU -- EK-FC88 GT/GTS (G92)
    - NB/SB -- DangerDen or EK chipset blocks

5. willowthewhite

willowthewhite Minimodder

Thanks guys, actually not far from what I've chosen, danger den for cpu and Ek for the rest, did a little looking on google for info on the db 1 compact and found 90% of people using it were puting two into one loop, so went with the ddc 1 with oclabs top, and as for the 360 radiator love to but not enough room in my case to fit it (externall not an option, I'm to clumsy).

will do

6. BlueTrin

BlueTrin What's a Dremel?

I am noob to watercooling, when people say double loop does that mean two separate systems with each one a different pump and radiator ?

7. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

D5 or DDC with Petra's Tech top F T W

8. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

The D-Tek DB-1 is great for a small 1-block non-restricted loop. Believe me, it's not much for flowrate (I'm running one in a 1-block loop). I'd go for any of the reiterations of the DDC myself.

9. radodrill

radodrill Resident EI

exactly, a separate cooling loop for different components.

Tags: