1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q-Tec and Epox 8k7A+ motherboard (FAO Cheese) et all

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lukemm, 17 Aug 2002.

1. lukemm

lukemm What's a Dremel?

RE: Cheeses article.
    http://www.bit-tech.net/review/129/

Well i just bought this motherboard. And i currently have the Q-tec PSU... and i havent set up the new PC yet...but im very disheartened to disocver that the PSU i just sheethed isnt going to work with my motherboard :( just wanted to :cries: is it a deffo problem with all the Q-tec models and Epox mobos...

I Actually have the 'Epox 8K3A+ SKT A KT333 RAID'
    any help,advice,ideas.... ifnot i have a nice looking gold psu for sale all very nicely sheethed :X

2. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

I don't see why it won't work, I have an Epox 8kha+ and works fine. I had small problem as me was stupid by not pushing in the connectors enough but it should work, just put it on and see if it works, if it don't take it back and say it don't work or sell it to a mate for a small profit or maybe break even price.

I would of thought it would work, Lazy or anyone else, I would imagine your comments are going to be very welcome.

3. jamiesurfs

jamiesurfs Boom Boom, Cha Cha Cha!

Epox board do have a tendency to draw a fair amount of power and have been known to have problems with Enermax PSUs in the past. Personally, I haven't heard of any with a Q-tec. Like already stated, best thing to do is to just give it a go as there is no reason that it shouldn't work. However, monitor it very closely, particularly your 5v line. If you start getting weird random reboots etc, change the PSU and try again. Other than that, just give it a go.

4. lukemm

lukemm What's a Dremel?

will do... still waiting for my DDR ram to come thro... lol - i had to make sure i got samsung u see, no point getting ddr ram otherwise :)

5. Cheese

Cheese Doc

The 8k7A+ is the worst epox for power issues AFAIK so no need to worry yet :) GL hope it works ok.

Rob.

p.s. I don't make much of the q0tec supply at all, it's innards are quite primitive - I wouldn't expect the supply to last very long :(

6. lukemm

lukemm What's a Dremel?

i thought it looked pretty neat n tidy inside compared to some of the other ones ive seen. the fans inside tho are nice enough to give me an excuse to rip it apart anyway :X

7. Cheese

Cheese Doc

For £30 it's not too bad... those fans are nice as is the gold finish, but of the 4 supplies I have here (250W generic, 340W Chieftec, 550W q-tec and 400W Seasonic) the electronics of the q-tec are the most primitive and it behaves exactly as my 250W generic does :(

r.

8. lukemm

lukemm What's a Dremel?

:cries: