1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Qube sugestions

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Balder, 22 Apr 2004.

1. Balder

Balder Calmer than a monk on morphine

Hi, this is the case I am gonna mod soon:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the crappy pics, taken with my phone (6600)

Some stuff to go inside/outside:

[​IMG]
    Sleeving and some plexi.

Any sugestions?
    I have some W/C parts (DD maze4, black ice pro rad (120mmfan) res etc.

The hw inside this will be a p4 3ghz, 1gb ram, radeon 9800 abit is7 (i865),2x 120Gb disk (one sata)m dvd and dvd-writer (+rw)

\\Balder

2. Balder

sigh

Is there anyone out ther who has som sugestions?

3. taliban_raider

taliban_raider Just some guy; you know

Umm Deifently Paint it no mater what else you do, the colour I do not know but I know you should get rid of the beige!

4. Balder

Yeah I will paint it, make a window etc.
    But i want to know if anyone have some other toughts....
    I want to make allmost all the cables inside invisible, add the w/c and make it reaaaaly clean..
    But i dont know what to do with the front...

btw the pice of plexi cost me 15£ at the glasshop :jawdrop:

\\Balder

5. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

I don't think I ever have seen a case like that. It looks to be a double-wide case. If your plan is to hide the cables, you have the room in that second half of the case (or H20 Cooling stuff if you go in that direction). BUT the front needs work.. Paint, for sure and dremel work. You need a plan!! Draw up some plans before you start hacking.
    MS

6. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

clean all the dust from the inside and spray it with 1-2 coats of primer and 1-2 coats of matt black (on the inside), this should make it look much nicer inside.

you may prefer to vinyl dye the front panel as there are a lot of details there which would be difficult to paint.

pick a "primary" colour, and a "highlight" colour, and decide which parts/details are to be coloured which colour.

if you are going to do a window then do a stealth window rather than a "porthole" like many you see with huge trim.

fill in those bays below the fdd, and stealth the cdrom.

if you paint the inside fo the case black, and braid all of the internal cables with black braiding, they will not be invisible, but hard to spot unless looking for them, i'll add a pic of my rig if i get time.

clean up the case inside and out, smooth out any scratches outside etc, spray the inside, and then sketch up some drawings, on paper if need be, spraying the inside has helped my visualise ideas in the past.

edit: the link in my sig shows some pics, but ill take a better one for you. I am also in the middle of reparing the scratches on the front of my case and respraying amongst a few mods i want to do before i make my own case.

7. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

how about building a door for the front to hide everything when closed?

8. Balder

Thanx for all the tips...
    I am gonna make the window clean and industrial (counter sunk screw etc.. no trim)
    I wass thinking of making the right side w/c and psu side...
    I took some pics at work, will post the later, so you can see it with a mobo inside..
    Also I will make a drawing of the hardware placemant....

Hopefully i will bring the beast back home next weekend (I have to work then :sigh: )

\\Balder

EDIT:
    For those of you who never saw this case, it not as tall as an atx case, but is much deeper, and its wider (double).
    It's an old Digital Alpha server 1000 (266mhz 64bit alpha server, but the atx mobo seems to fit like a charm)

9. Balder

some more pics to give a hint about the size:

mobo side with mobo and gfx
    [​IMG]
    That is a msi kt266pro-2 and a matrox g550 plenty of space....

I plan to mount the Harddrives in fornt of the fans (thats som big delta fans)

Rear shot :naughty: :naughty:
    [​IMG]
    Shees a big one :baby:

The rad is beeing mounted at the bottom of the right side, and i will mod the psu to fit in the upper right side (using 2x 120mm fans on 5volt....

and then some other misc stuff:
    [​IMG]
    I'we got a lot of those small copper heatsinks, and thats to sunbeam inverters..

might just buy myself another inverter kit (so i can have a total of 6 ccfl's)

The wc stuff:
    [​IMG]
    A blackice pro and the DD maze4 (amd need a new top, make one myself??)

The rad will fit perfect, the original psu had a 120 fan...

I think i will paint the inside black, like some mentiond, and vinyldye the inverters etc, use white sleeving (UV) and 3 uv/3white? ccfl's

\\Balder