1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Question about ASUS Geforce 650 Ti 1GB and HD playback/Asian MMO gaming

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BorgmanJayce, 8 Feb 2013.

1. BorgmanJayce

BorgmanJayce What's a Dremel?

Can anybody tell me if the 1GB version of the ASUS Geforce 650 Ti GPU is suitable for full HD playback at 1080p as well as for Asian MMO's such as Ragnarok Online 2, Battle of the Immortals, Phantasy Star Online 2 and Perfect World International?

The reason wny I ask is that I'm starting work on a HTPC project at the end of the month and I'll be connecting it to a HDTV to use for PC gaming as well as watching Blurays and fansubs of my favorite anime; most of which is in HD, but at the same time, I'm not interested in playing FPS-type games or other games that are already available on console and even though I've been recommended to buy a 7850 GPU, the prices I've seen are a lot more than the ASUS GPU and I don't want to pay extra for something that would probably be overkill at the end of the day.

2. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Yes, it's more than capable.

3. BorgmanJayce

BorgmanJayce What's a Dremel?

Thanks very much for answering my question!:thumb:

It's just that I was worried that I'd end up paying way too much if I did buy the 7850 and I was only going to use it for playing certain types of games and HD-playback.

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

:thumb: