1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling quick disconnect fittings

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by THEkorean, 21 May 2007.

1. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

i need some quick disconnect fittings for a project im planning and needed to know a few things first.
    1. Do they pose any major threat to flow rate?
    2. about how much water is lost every time they are disconnected?
    3. http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pr...USPlastic&category_name=6917&product_id=26619
    if i were to buy one, how would i go about doing that (as you can see above there is a whole list of diffrent fittings and whatnot, i just need to know which one from the list i would need to buy to receive what is shown in the picture)

thanks in advance! :D

2. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

seems like no one knows... well i found it on my own, and did a little writeup just in case anyone was interested :D

there are two types of quick disconnects, shut off (aka non spill) and straight through
    shutoff will immediately close when disconnected and striahgts will remail open.
    There are also diffrent mounting options, there are : in-line, pannel mount, and threaded. For my purposes i used the in-line wich requires a "port" fitting and "plug fitting" both of wich were equiped with shut offs. I purchased mine on MCmaster-carr, i will post pictures if requested

3. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

Thanks for the information, this will be useful if anyone decides to search about it. THanks

Tags: