1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Quiet/Cool for an i7 950

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Arghnews, 14 Nov 2011.

1. Arghnews

Arghnews What's a Dremel?

Dark Rock Pro
    Thermaltake Frio
    Noctua DH 14

Have an i7 950 and looking for a mild 24/7 Overclock that will be stable and not too hot, as well as quiet. 4Ghz would be, I think, achievable and acceptable :)

Looking at these mostly, open to any reccomendations or warnings of any.
    Or is it worth going for something like a H100 or antec kuhler? I just need it to be quiet and cool, lets say at 4Ghz.

Price up to about £100 is ok, was considering the Noctua for £70, although the Bit-Tech review gives it a serious bashing, OC3D showcases it as the best thing since sliced bread, so I'm kinda miffed XD

Any advice/thoughts appreciated :D

2. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Quiet? Then get the D-14 or the BeQuiet. The Frio is a beastly cooler on high speed though(and accordingly loud).

3. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

I prefer the H100's i have 3 and they're all good ;) on my 2 main rigs i use push/pull and the other just push.

The main i noticed from going from an air cooler on my i7 950 was on my R3E mobo the drop in NB temp was 15c, overall temps dropped as well, but was impressed by that.

for me they're stop gaps till i do proper WC :thumb: