1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Radial Gloss (My First Worklog)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Candyviper, 13 Mar 2010.

1. Candyviper

Candyviper What's a Dremel?

Hello Bit-tech Forums. I have been lurking on these forums for quite a while. Recently I've started getting ideas about what I could do for my first mod from these ideas Radial Gloss was born (The name is subject to change). It is my first major mod and I have a lot of plans that I hope to carry out over the course of this worklog. I started with this design for the case panel [​IMG] and so I did a mock up on the opposite panel to see what it would look like and this was that mock up
    [​IMG]
    After doing the mock up i copied the design with a few changes onto the correct panel and with a hole saw, drill, and a jigsaw made the preliminary cuts. So far nothing has been filed down so the cuts are smooth nor are the cuts complete. I need sometype of handsaw for sthe cuts on the top and bottom because the sides inhibit the jigsaws movement. I also really need to file down the sides of the cuts because I purposefully cut a couple mm away from the final line in order to make the final product look nice.

My goal for the final product is an ATCS 840 that has a piano finish or a mirror finish with that cut in the side panel as well as an orange glow in the inside. Ill explain it more in further posts as well as posts pictures of the cutting of the panel as well as the semi-finished cut.

Any advice concerning this worklog or the mod would be greatly appreciated as this is my first worklog/mod ever. Also any name siggestions would be nice because I don't really like Radial Gloss.

Thank You So Much!!!!!!!
    Candyviper

Edit: Any Help with the pictures would be amazing!!! For now you can just go to Flickr and look at them there. Here are the links
    The Design - http://www.flickr.com/photos/47559847@N04/
    The Mockup - http://www.flickr.com/photos/47559847@N04/4361467358/
    Edit:tried to fix pics

Last edited: 13 Mar 2010
  2. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

I really like the design, but I would recommend posting the pictures on this page instead of linking to them. :thumb:
    You can use the IMG tags, [ img ]yourlinkhere.com[ / img ] (remove spaces)