1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory ram problem on ga-p55m-ud2

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by zpikez, 29 Mar 2010.

1. zpikez

zpikez mod-pirate

hi all ive just finished my intel i3 based build with the following components:
    • intel core i3 920
    • gigabyte ga-p55m-ud2
    • g-skill ripjaw 1600mhz cl7 2x2gb
    • corsair hydro h50
    • xfx ati radeon hd4890
    • be-quiet 530watt psu
    • nzxt gamma case
    • random maxtor 500gb hdd
    • windows 7 professional 64gb

now the ram should be operating at 1600 mhz but cpu-z reports only 666mhz. does anyone know exactly what i should do to rectify this as i am very unskilled with the bios options.

any help is appreciated. :thumb:

2. reggie50

reggie50 Minimodder

Don't you mean i3 530? Just out of interest, why did you get that CPU and not an i5 750?

To solve your problem, go into the Bios and enable the XMP profile of the RAM (if there is one), or you will need to manually change the RAM settings.

3. zpikez

zpikez mod-pirate

my bad I did mean 530, didn't go for i5 due to a lack of funds, have left myself a wide open upgrade path.

I went through all the tweaker sub-menus and didn't find any xmp profile settings and it was changing the ram settings i was kinda hoping someone could help me out with.

4. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

if your not overclocking find the ram settings and make sure everything is set to auto and the board should sort it out all by itself, run cpu-z and check it with that, hope this helps

5. zpikez

zpikez mod-pirate

the board sets it to 1333 on auto

Tags: