1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory Ram Speed issues

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by wastedoo, 26 Sep 2011.

1. wastedoo

wastedoo What's a Dremel?

Just fiddling around with a new build when i realised in Cpu-z and also 3Dmark my Memory is being read as werid speeds 533/800.

[​IMG]

As they are all 1600mhz sticks, im a little confused with the differnt timings/speed and voltages. From what i can see in bios they should all be running at 1.65v and 1600mhz.

Anyone else encounterd something like this? am i just overlooking something simple?

Thanks in advance

2. favst89

favst89 What's a Dremel?

The timings table shows you what settings are programmed into the memory for each speed by the factory. It will select these based on the speed settings on boot. The part you want to look at is the memory tab which will display the frequency for all the memory, if it is at 1600 it will say 800, it half's it.
    The spd tab does display the information for the individual sticks where it says max bandwidth, your's says (533 MHz) implying the memory is running at 1066 not 1600.

Hope this makes sense

3. wastedoo

ahhh ok, yeah i understand what your saying. So it seems even though ive got 1600 selected in bios and those associated timings im still running at 1033?

4. favst89

favst89 What's a Dremel?

Yes you appear to be running at 1066, how did you set it to be 1600? Using xmp or doing it all manually?
    I assume this is sandy bridge, which I think defaults to 1333 although I don't have any personal experience with it so i hope someone else can help if that's the case, although I will try.

5. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Have you set it manually in BIOS or have you used the XMP profile?

6. Deders

Deders Modder

Mine also says max bandwidth 533 but it runs much faster and was sold as 1600 (800). The actual speed its running should be on the 'memory' tab, where it says Dram Frequency.

7. wastedoo

I first setup it up as just xmp profile but also manually now, also seem to be having a lot of lock ups while multi tasking which seems semi related. In the memory tab im pretty confident that its running at 533 ill have to check through everything again tonight.

8. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

The first image only shows the recommended settings that are preprogrammed into the modules... the XMP or the JDEC recommended settings. If you want to see exactly what speed you
    are running at, click the memory tab.

[​IMG]

Often the XMP settings are wrong anyway. As you can see above, mine run quite happily at 1600 with a 1T command rate despite XMP insisting it needs 2T. They've been like this for 2 years and will pass any test I throw at them.