1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SketchUp RATE MY 800D MOD IDEA!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by KENJI, 29 Jul 2011.

1. KENJI

KENJI What's a Dremel?

Hi Guys!

I just joined Bit-tech forums and this is my first post, I have been on this site for a while now and only recently just bothered to make an account.

I love ALL the mods that have been done on this site and I read through ALL the project logs on here and i LOVE them! did i mention that?

Anyways,

I have been on Sketchup and just randomly started modding a 800D on it and then I exported it to kerkythea and tried, TRIED to render it, I have no clue how to use it, just randomly learning things as I go so allow me.

Here is my idea for my 800D,it's not finished yet and I made it up as I went and looking at it now, I call it:

BLACKBIRD

Tell me what you think guys!
    [​IMG]

2. Karrek

Karrek Minimodder

It's difficult to tell what is going on in the front. Is the black area for fans, for 5.25 drives, a window, or what? I'm assuming that you'll have a radiator at the top next to the reservoir? Maybe think about how you will install and access those items after the build, in case you need to adjust or swap out components. Also, this is going to be really big - is that what you intended? You have a lot of (empty?) space in the front as well. Do you have anything that you want to put in there? You could instead cut the front of the case and move your whole facade back, saving you some desk/floor space. I do like the sloped cover over the top fans/radiator.

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Do it.

As long as you're not doing a murdermod TJ-07 I say go for it :thumb:

4. KENJI

KENJI What's a Dremel?

Yeh the front area is for 5.25inch drives.
    Yep there will be a radiator and the panels will be removable and maybe the top can just slide out and you can basically hot swap radiators.
    I don't mind that it's gonna be big even though i don't have that much space but i might aswel! lol
    yeh i knw what you mean by the empty space at the font.there are hot swap drives under that but yeh, there will be quite a bit of space.
    Thanks for all the constructive critism! i appreciate it.i need to refine the design and then save up some money for tools and materials.
    I need to finish the design and make a logo for the front.
    Thanks for the comments guys!