1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Razer Lancehead Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 3 Aug 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Almost as ridiculous as the Neymar transfer.
    No mouse is worth £140

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Joke of a price.

Back in the day top end Wireless mice like the MX Revolution were like £60...

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

£140 for a lump of plastic tat. Even the scroll wheel mech is plastic. Seriously I would expect metal at that price.

5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

God that looks cheap.

Logitech G700s = best gaming mouse ever. A shame Logitech don't make it anymore. I must buy a backup one.

6. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

This doesn't look like a bad mouse, really, but that price tag is just nonsensical. And stuff like that proprietary USB cable needs to die in a fire, I'm afraid.

7. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Apple Gaming Razer needs to get their act together, this is ridiculous. How does Corsair mouses cost half with brushed metal under-side and braided cables?

8. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

It's funny, I bought a mouse cheap here in Japan that looks almost 100% the same as this mouse. OK, it doesn't do wireless, and there's no "customisation" for the LEDs - there are three modes; off, on pulsing and on swirling round the mouse... but otherwise it looks very similar.

When I saw the picture I had no idea it was from Razer. I was just asking, "Where did Bit order that Horsky mouse from?"... then I saw "Razer Lancehead" and did a doubletake.

The build quality is freakin' awful. I mean, seriously poor. I picked it up because I could find literally nothing about it online and figured it was worth a punt since (at the time I bought it) it was about £10 (it's almost double that right now) while 'known quantities' in Logitech mice were about eight times the price (and they have since dropped in price!) OK, so Razer might have improved upon it... but that does seem to be a lot of money.

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

With stuff like this these days it doesn't matter where you buy it or who you buy it from it is all made in China to the same standards. I've gone through some insanely expensive mice and they have all gone the same way, scroll wheel death. So for a test I bought one for £8, scroll wheel lasted the entire six months I was using it.

It's a shame, but money doesn't buy you quality these days, especially not in computer stuff.

10. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

But can you change the dpi settings without an internet connection?

[Wasn't it razer where no-one could change any of their mouse setting because razer's servers were down...]

Tags: Add Tags