1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Razer Lycosa keyboard, or something else?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Yotta, 7 May 2008.

1. Yotta

Yotta Minimodder

Has anyone got one of these?

Really like the look of it, also the layout of the keys seems fairly standard when compared to some of the other gaming keyboard monstrosities.

I have read one review where there's supposed to be a conflict with some vista updates or something, anyone comment on that?

Any other recommendations welcomed. :)

2. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

You may find answers to your questions in this Razer Lycosa Gaming Keyboard review :idea:

Logitech's G15 - or G11 if you're not fussed about the LCD screen, are also worth considering ;)

3. Yotta

Yotta Minimodder

Hey, nice one. I just did a search for reviews, but didn't find that one.

4. buchans

buchans What's a Dremel?

one thing..... the g15 is quite big its ok it you have loads of space but it really takes up more of your desk than you expect!

5. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

The old (blue lit) G15 is HUGE the new orange lit one not so.

I have owned the two different types of G15 and been happy with them both.

6. pistol_pete

pistol_pete Air Cooled Fool

I've got a lycosa.

It looks great and the keys feel lovely.

But it LOVES dust, and I'm having an issue with mine that random keys stop working after a random time - and you need to unplug/replug the usb connector. No sign of an update driver from Razer. I'll send mine back under warranty, when I get the time.

7. Yotta

Yotta Minimodder

I'm going off the Lycosa by the minute. Just read the review that Hazardous posted and it appears the wrist support isn't removable.

8. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I have a Lycosa, it's wonderful, no problems at all, there are no conflict with updates, just install the Windows Updates Lycosa driver, or the one from the CD, doesn't matter, if you want the app for the keyboard though you wanna install from CD. The wrist support is removable, it's just a couple screws on the underside and it just slides off neatly. I had a few issues at first with setting the controls to work with winamp, but it turned out that I didn't have it configured correctly, works great, looks great, love it.

9. pistol_pete

pistol_pete Air Cooled Fool

I'm pretty sure it is removable.

Actually it very much is, it has 4 screws in the bottom, which should be easy enough to remove unless you lack the skill to use a Phillips screwdriver.

As far as the backlighting goes, unless you use it in bright sunlight it should be fine. Even then you wont struggle if you can touch-type.

And finally, the touch-panel is bloody brilliant, it's great for bashing through a random playlist in winamp trying to find something good, and you can use the keypad to control the media player of your choice whilst in the middle of a game without having to go back to the desktop.

However, I would like to point out that my left arrow key has stopped working during me typing this post.

Razer = good hardware, mince drivers.

10. Yotta

Yotta Minimodder

I was leaning back towards the Lycosa for a while there, until the bit about the arrow keys spoiled it, oh well.

Good to know the wrist support is removable.

Think I'll wait a while and see if anything better comes along, or until Razer fix the driver issues.

11. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I've had mine since beginning of April, taken on a few trips, got chucked around in a bag, banged up, rattled, put in extreme heat while shipping, all keys and functions work fine still.. o_O