1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Really reflective paint

Discussion in 'Modding' started by VirtualJedi, 11 Jun 2004.

1. VirtualJedi

VirtualJedi What's a Dremel?

I was curious the other day about exotic paints but was wondering if anyone had any luck with a rainbow style paint or achived a state of paint that applied in 1 or a few coats to achive a almost relflective sparkly look to there computer or derivitive there of?

2. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

i used pearlescent paint in my latest project.. project whiteout.. i am still waiting the two weeks for it to cure before i can fully polish it and make it good :D

3. VirtualJedi

VirtualJedi What's a Dremel?

The reflective properties in pearlessence style paints show off a nice texture and thats what i want to do but a hella lot more reflective quality about it.. i guess im on my own doing some research into it. ;-p thank you all for the help. :D

4. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

also.. it is very expensive.. the stuff i used was £25 for 300ml and then if you want the stuff i think you are thinking of, the kind of multi-colour reflective pearlescent paint.. that is like £250 a litre :eek: , also for the really reflective multi-colour pearlescent you need an airbrush to apply it.. mine was only two tone and as i say its not as reflective as it will be once i have used rubout compound and the polish :)