1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Really weird Windows key effect on Ghost Recon Wildlands.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kronos, 17 Nov 2017.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I was not sure where to put this odd issue as I am not sure whether it is gaming, software or hardware related but it is certainly a new one to me.
    I was playing the above game and must have it the left Windows key and the game completely disappear from my monitor, I could hear the action but nothing on screen and no game icon on the task bar and I had to restart to sort things out.

Figured out how to disable the Windows key but I would still like to know where exactly the visual side of the game went and how I would get it back without restarting my PC?

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Assuming Windows 10 for the following...

try Alt/Win-Tabbing back into the game, or forcing the game close via task manager.

Potential cause; you've switched between virtual desktops [Win, Ctrl + Left/Right Arrow] Windows by defualt only shows taskbar icons for stuff open on that virtual desktop.

Solutions - Win+Tab to the switcher and remove any virtual desktops or set windows to always show taskbar icons regardless of which virtual desktop they're on [Settings -> System -> Multi-tasking]

3. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

The game dissappears because it's not being rendered as a normal window which is common enough thing for games to do. This can result in problems if you shift focus to some other window/desktop. What problems usually depends on the game. Some handle it better then others.

You could try alt tabbing back into the game. Sometimes that works. Or perhaps Find the exe in task manager and right click select switch to.

All else fails just end it through task manager and restart the game.

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I am pretty sure I do not have any virtual desktops so I cannot see how that can be the cause.