1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Recommend good cheap stereo speakers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mystvearn, 21 Sep 2009.

1. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

Hi,

Can anyone recommend good and cheap speakers? Brand does not matter but sound must be great and good price too.
    My past speakers were Logitech Z5300 speakers. Not going back to 5.1 setup for quite sometime.
    Currently I am using the onboard LG M227WD speakers. 3W stereo. It is enough, but just but lack of depth. Hope to get something with more sound quality.
    Budget:

£20 or less?

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

That's ambitious. I know "great" is relative, but you have to be realistic.

Logitech X-140 are reasonably well reviewed and available for less than £20. You need either up your budget or lower expectations - even second hand you'll struggle for £20.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

About all I can say is to eBay some Creative T20's, they might be a bit more than £20 though. New at £20 is pretty slim on budget.

4. antaresIII

antaresIII tephigram

Yees, all red..communist ups I mean red fraction invasion?

What are really good PC speakers? is it not better to connect to a room stereo system?

Last edited: 21 Sep 2009
  5. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

OK, then what are great and cheap speakers.

Or something that can give Philips HP-890 like sound. Can be headphones too.

I have a small room. So no need something that is too strong. Also, I've seen the T40, T20 and its series II. Not sure what the difference is aside from price

Last edited: 21 Sep 2009
  6. Krikkit

T20's and T40's are damn good for the cash imo, although if you like a bass-heavy sound you'll be disappointed.

Headphones can be a good solution, you get better sound quality for less money than speakers. I'd recommend Sennheiser HD408's or HD415's, a little over budget, but pretty good for starter cans.

7. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

I think I'll stick with speakers for now because I don't disturb anyone in the house and guest can listen to as well. Thanks for the recommendation. Any other stereo speakers to recommend?

8. Krikkit

I don't really read up on speakers very often - they're something I rarely ever change. I bought my T40's before christmas, and only looked up one set before being convinced they were exactly what I wanted.

9. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I don't expect anyone has ever put quite so much thought into £20 speakers before :eek:

I second Krikkit's suggestion of trying to find some second hand Creative T20s. You'll end up paying a bit more than £20, but when you consider the alternatives at that price its very much worth it.

10. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

ok, will do that. Thanks for the tips. I was being ambitious but rubbish :p

11. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

Anyone using the Creative T10 speakers?

How is it like?

12. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

13. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

14. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

Never seen the Logitech S-220 speakers at the website. Maybe its from a different region or old product?

Looks like I will not get the T10's then. Will try to go for slightly better.

A bit of a dillema here. I like the volume control function which comes with the LG remote, but the speakers are no way great. I like the remote feature. After getting the speakers, I must remove the printer from the table since there is no place to put the speakers, but then I can't remotely control the T20 and T40. I have tried hooking an edifier 230 laptop speakers to the LG. The volume contol does extend to the audio out, so that may be good, but then I'm not sure if I will loose sound quality because of that.
    Maybe get remote for the pc? I have a wireless mouse, but when I switch to TV mode, a control is really pointless.