Other Recommend Joypad for PC (want to play Street Fighter 4 & Devil May cry 4)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mystvearn, 3 Jul 2009.

?

Which joypad do you recommend?

1. Xbox 360 for PC (Microsoft)

80.0%
  2. Dual action (logitech)

5.7%
  3. Rumblepad 2 (logitech)

11.4%
  4. Other (please specify

11.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

Ideally, the joystick I like best for SF4 would be the sega genesis controller with 6 buttons on top. I am not used to quick draw buttons.

Fod, I respect and understand that Xbox 360 does not work for SF4. But I cannot find one which cost less than the MS xbox 360 controller. Retail Xbox is £24.99. I got it online for £14.50. Best I found rumblepad 2 is £17.99 (before adding postage cost). and I need 2 controllers. No use having one person on keyboard, and the other on controllers. So I just got 2 controllers slightly more expansive than 1 xbox controller. At least I know I'm saving minimum £10 and if using that retail as benchmark then £22.

Another reason is that, after checking wiki
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Games_for_Windows_titles

you can see the extensive games which support the MS controller. Crysis is one of them. And looks like EA has games for it. So hopefully when FIFA is released, it will be multiplayer like FIFA world cup 98 where you can have 4 players. You can use a mouse as a controller in that one!

Bit-tech not reviewing SF4 for PC? Its quite a nice game. Only piity, I cannot find any bonus round in this. No barrel crushing, or destroying some Lexus car

2. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

oh the 360 pad is a great pad, i'm not denying it. i use it to play PC games that play well with joypads and the almost ubiquitous compatibility is indeed awesome. it's just that for any beatemup, you will end up cursing it to the very ground. the D-pad really does suck. Anyway, i am a stuck record, you are obviously weighing this into your decision.

3. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

OMG, now I realize it! a first instance of an ingame advert/product placement. Anyone know of earlier ones?

4. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

Well, when I was playing the original SF, which more than 10 years back, I had no idea thats a Lexus. But it is. Its the old Lexus. Or maybe its a Toyota Crown.

I think there is a toyota logo on it somewhere

5. m4rk3d

m4rk3d Minimodder

[​IMG]

Mad Catz 360 Fightpad. Wired, USB, great D-Pad. If you wanna spend more, check out their FightStick :)

Last edited: 9 Jul 2009
  6. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

Too late, already bought xbox 360 pad.

7. knuck

knuck Hate your face

heh

pad looks cool though

8. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

you're on bit-tech, hash together some mod for a snes/megadrive controller connection