1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Recommend me some Cosair k95 keycaps

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slimithy, 3 Aug 2022.

1. slimithy

slimithy Minimodder

Hi all,

I've been given a k95 keyboard today and as good as it is, the keys are a little small for my liking.
    Can anyone recommend some larger/wider keycaps for it?
    I've been using the Microsoft 600 because they keys for me are just really comfortable, so I'm looking for something similar in size and shape to that if possible.
    Cheers fellas.

2. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Does the K95 have large spacing between the current keycaps? If not, you probably wouldn't be able to physically fit much larger caps on..?

slimithy likes this.
  3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

slimithy likes this.
  4. slimithy

slimithy Minimodder

5. slimithy

slimithy Minimodder

Right. I've just got the tape measure out and the surface area of the caps I'm used to are 13mm, and the k95 caps are actually the same size. The problem, is there is a bigger gap between keys on the k95.
    So idealy I'm after some that close that gap up.
    @Impatience , yeah it seems like the gap between the keys is quite large and this is probably where I'm having problems getting used to it.

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

slimithy likes this.
  7. slimithy

slimithy Minimodder

Ah yes, that link is perfect for finding what I'm after. The caps I currently have are either Cherry or OEM which are too tall and not enough surface area for me, I prefer the DSA profile which is what my old keyboard uses (microsoft 600 keyboard).
    I wasn't aware that caps had different names for profiles so now I can go searching for what I'm after, thanks for that!

wyx087 likes this.