1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage Recover Data from formatted hard drive software needed

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by gshtong, 25 Oct 2010.

1. gshtong

gshtong What's a Dremel?

Hi everyone

My window vista can't assess to one of my external hard drive, and it said I need to format before I can use it again. I haven't format the hard drive yet. Can anyone recommend a good data recover software that is easy to use, able to recover most of the data, and it is not too expensive, (Less than 50 pounds) please?

Thank you very much

2. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

gshtong, has the drive been read on that OS installation before? What OS was it used in before if not? It may be that if it comes from another machine, the file system is different.

If that's not the issue, have you confirmed the drive is physically OK? Try running a diagnostic profiler from the drive manufacturer's website on it and see what the result comes out as.

I would have thought those two would be your best bet before looking at data recovery tools.

3. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

get NTFS back is good an can recover from a format although dont expect 100% last time i did it it got about 20-30% of the docs.