So, not too long ago I got myself a Ryzen system. This freed up a number of components - enough to put together another decent enough gaming system. Now, according to the wife I have enough computers running in the house now, and that there was a practical limit to how many I am able to use simultaneously at any given time (clearly she doesn't know me quite as well as she thinks). So she presented the argument that I should sell the stuff left over from my recent build. So I thought about what this system would be good for. It's not the most powerful on the planet, so I decided it should be a simple and easy to move system that would be perfect for lugging along to a friends LAN-night or something like that. Then I made a quick design in Sketchup, and went to work. The components going into this system would be: Asus Sabertooth 990fx AMD FX8150 16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz RAM Asus ROG GTX780 Poseidon Creative SoundBlaster X-fi 2x OCZ 120GB SSD (configured in RAID-0) Corsair CX600 V2 And that's it. That's really all you need. First I found a flat piece of pinewood and cut it to the shape I wanted. Then I chamfered the edges and routed out a section to make a handle. Simple enough, right? This will be the support for all the components. Next, I needed some feet. I decided to make these out of teak, and I just happened to have plenty left over from my PS3 project a few years ago. So I set about shaping these as well, which is rather easily done when working with teak. Then I set about fitting the feet to the main panel. I cut two sections from the bottom of the panel, and then I slipped the feet on. It's a tight fit, and now it stands! And from the back: That looked good to me, so I fastened them with two brass wood screws. So now I needed to start laying out the mounting positions for all the components - starting with my trusty old DFI standin motherboard. I also made a set of round teak motherboard standoffs by roughly cutting them out, drilling a hole, sticking a screw through them all and tightening them down with a nut. Then I stuck the screw into my drill-press and used a wood rasp, files and sandpaper to get them rounded. So now I had the mounting position for the motherboard. Next I routed out some holes to guide cables through. And then set about mounting the PSU. This would be mounted on the back, and the lack of a mounting bracket led me to take it apart, drill four holes in the bottom of it and simply screw it down with brass wood screws. I also cut the wires I wouldn't need. And with the covers back on (here I have also drilled the mounting holes for the SSDs): Now the thing was pretty much finished, but I needed to stain the wood. I stumbled upon some lovely stain by chance one day, and I used this stuff to stain the pine after sanding all the wood smooth.