1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Refridgerants

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Funkyideas, 27 Jan 2003.

1. Funkyideas

Funkyideas What's a Dremel?

Hi,
    I am studying Aerospace engineering at University, and study the subjects of fluid dynamics and thermo-dynamics. I also am a keen ideas think on the subject of modding, and cooling on all respects of computers. I wondered whether anyone had looked at using either ethanol, or R12 refridgerant for liquid cooling of the computers they have a much lower boiling point and melting point so they can go to lower termperatures and still remain liquid for good pumping around and system. Also the lower boiling point helps as they will take the heat away from the CPU faster, and transfer it away to a condenser to take the heat out the system. It only an idea, but the only problem I can see is condensation buildibng up and freezing on the CPU as the temperature drops below 0. Though the possibilities for overclocking a cpu at temperatures of around -35-(-50) are vast, but then again a processor not overclocked will still run sweet.

Funkyideas :brrr:

2. apoogod

apoogod trix arent just for kids

Id like to mod the space shuttle :idea:

3. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Using low boiling point liquids is exactly how vapour phase cooling works (with the help of a little pressure change of course)...

http://www.bit-tech.net/review/171/

:)

Rob.