1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Regarding B75 Motherboards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Harty, 16 Sep 2012.

1. Harty

Harty What's a Dremel?

Howdy folks.
    So in the next week or two, I should be ordering the parts for my next build (which shall be a future thread).
    The only issue is, I can't decide on a motherboard within the B75 chipset. I'm going B75 since I have no interest in OCing, but I will be using Ivy Bridge.

Originally, my idea was to go for the MSI B75A-G43, which was recommended by another Bit-Tech'er. - http://uk.msi.com/product/mb/B75A-G43.html

However, I'm buying my parts from a mixture of eBuyer and Scan (glorious free delivery), and Scan doesn't have any in stock, and eBuyer just doesn't sell them at all.
    So I looked around for some viable alternatives, and the Gigabyte GA B75-D3V came to mind - http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4149#ov

Are there any noticeable differences between the two? I'm a complete tool when it comes to the details on motherboards, and I can't decide things for myself, so I was wondering if the Gigabyte model is as good as (or better) than the MSI one.
    Thanks in advance guys.

2. malbluff

malbluff What's a Dremel?

It's basically a bit "swings and roundabouts", slightly different conectivity, onboard audio, etc, but not one overall better. It's a question of whether any particular feature is important to you. For that you have to plough thro' the specs for that particular point.
    Just to confuse the issue more, have you considered the H77. That has all the features of the top Z77 chipset, just not overclocking, which you say you don't want. B75 is a bit of a "half way house" - some of the features and some overclocking.

3. Harty

Harty What's a Dremel?

The H77 is a bit pricey.
    I'm not too fussed about cheaping out on the motherboard a bit, as long as it supports Ivy Bridge and an ATX, it should all be okay for me.

4. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

I'm selling the gigabyte B75 D3V in the marketplace if you want to have a look. Just thought I would mention it

5. dunx

dunx ITX is where it's at !

CCL are just outside Leeds on the way to Bradford...

I like a look once in a while...

dunx

P.S. Gigabyte has m-SATA so that would be my choice...

Last edited: 16 Sep 2012
  6. Harty

Harty What's a Dremel?

Thanks but no thanks, ordering all my things in one batch, hehe.
    But how did the B75 perform for you?

7. Harty

Harty What's a Dremel?

Thanks, reckon I'll go for the Gigabyte then.
    Are CCL cheaper in store than they are online then? I've passed it a few times but never thought to go in...

8. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

9. Harty

Harty What's a Dremel?

Thanks!
    The B75 will still function well enough for me though.

10. malbluff

malbluff What's a Dremel?

Slightly off thread, but one thing I'M not sure on is, whilst I appreciate H77 doesn't allow for CPU overclocking, does it restrict what GPU "adjustments" you can make with, say, Asus' GPU Tweak?

11. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

it did what it said on the box really i used it for my kids build but decided on selling as the kids are a bit too young and they dont need a pc yet. I had a i3 2120 installed which worked fine and i sued the onboard graphics