1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Relais switch

Discussion in 'Modding' started by lex90, 16 Dec 2006.

1. lex90

lex90 Minimodder

Hi, i need a switch for something im building.

Currently i have a switch which is On/Off which controlls a rev limiting unit on a scooter.

I want to make a circuit which uses a momentary switch i have which normally controlls the airhorn. I want the circuit to have a naturally On relais. And then i want to be able to switch it off by pressing the momentary switch.

What i want it to do is that when i start the scooter it will be on(Limiting the revs) and when i press the button the revlimiter will go off(Normal Revs). Then when i switch the scooter off the revlimiter's switch/relais will reset and when the scooter is started again the revlimiter will be on again.

I went to an electronics shop and i puzzled the owner so im reverting to my good friends at bit-tech to see if you guys could help me out.

I have access to a 12v battery if needed. I would also if possible like to have a led which goes on when the rev-limiter is on.

I need the revlimiter because the scooter makes too much noise(not allowed by law) and when i am in the city i want to easily be able to turn it on/off. I want to use that button because it cant be seen as the police will make you use the full power and thus making too much noise.

Thanks so much

2. lex90

lex90 Minimodder

Can no one help?

3. lex90

lex90 Minimodder

No one is up for helping?

4. scifi3018

scifi3018 Minimodder

If you want to be able to switch it on/off, then the 'relais' would have to toggle with the momentary input...

If you are toggling, then why not find a spst pushbutton switch.
    You can find them nearly as small as mometary switches, and hooking up a LED in parralel with the revlimiter, would do basically what you are asking for...