1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Reliable source for drivers?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cthippo, 13 Apr 2017.

1. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I picked up a webcam at the thrift store ronight for $2 and I'm having trouble finding drivers for it. Or, more to the point, I'm having trouble finding anyplace that I am willing to download and execute code from.

The cam itself is a Micro Innovations IC400C and Windoes 7 can't find a driver for it. The manufacturer is either out of business, or else is in an entirely different business now and in any case I didn't see what appeared to be website with drivers. I looked around and several sites claim to have a driver, but they all look shady as hell and I'm not convinced that they aren't malware distributors, or at least trying to sell me something.

Are there any reputable driver repositories out there that people use?

2. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

3. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Awesome, thank you! :thumb:

EDIT:

Interesting. Digital innovations is an "ALLSOP family brand". Allsop is based here in Bellingham and mostly makes things like keyboard trays and copy holders. I actually went to their offices once to buy a part for a really old keyboard tray i had, which they surprisingly enough, had in stock.

Also, I find it very disturbing that they don't have drivers for their canned air! :jawdrop:

Last edited: 13 Apr 2017