1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Remote Desktop Gaming? Possible? Practical?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MiNiMaL_FuSS, 29 Dec 2009.

1. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Sounds ideal for my uses, however the TV in question is on a different floor so I'd need one hell of a cable and a fair bit of drilling, oh for a wirelesss monitor!

2. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

If comfort is the issue, you'll save a lot of hassle by just getting a nice desk chair instead of piping your pc across the house wirelessly to your couch.

3. feedayeen

feedayeen What's a Dremel?

I don't know where to get extremely long cables in the UK, the cable I used cost roughly $3 per meter and we had to drill 2 holes to get it under and back into the house.

Here is the source code to the programs that I am using, it's in java so it wont be much use to people without programing experience.

Source code

Pros:
    • The scroll lock changes the system from regular desktop mode to fps mode.
    • You have the source code so you can easily change it and fix all of the cons listed bellow.

Cons:
    • It must be modified to support anything other than 1680x1050
    • The source code is undocumented so it might be difficult for others to fix or change it.
    • I have only partially implemented features so doing some things like pressing the scroll lock % 3 = 0 times and then moving the mouse will crash it.