1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Remote Desktops Security

Discussion in 'Software' started by timmythemonkey, 15 Sep 2008.

1. timmythemonkey

timmythemonkey Monkeymodder

Hey folks got a question for you guys.

I'm currently looking into software that deals with handling multiple remote desktops simultaniously. The issue is I need to know what kind of encryption (if any) these pieces of software use for saving the usernames and passwords for each of the various machines you can connect to using the software.

At the moment I'm using the Remote Desktops feature that is part of the Microsoft Administration Tools Pack so if anyone has any information about usernames and passwords are stored by this application I'd appreciate it.

The other one I'm looking at is the open source mRemote. Again if anyone can offer any information on how this does it I'd appreciate it.

Any other suggestions of other software for this task with good security measures is also welcome (although please note this is for windows based machines, so Linux and Mac based applications arent of much use).

If you have any questions... or if I'm just not making sense, just ask and I'll try and straighten things out.

Thanks in advance for any of your help!

Tags: