1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Replaced hdd in portable media player, not showing up in disk management?!?!

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by GregTheRotter, 6 Nov 2010.

1. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Any ideas? It's a cowon A2 media player. The original hdd would get half way through inisialising, and so I formatted it. Pretty sure I formatted it correctly. Even then no go. So I got a new hdd thinking the hdd was borked. I can't remember if the previous hdd did this (I tried it though as well so it's gotta be the 'motherboard?' itself. The screen tells me it's connected to the pc, but it's not showing up in my computer as an external drive, nor in disk management so that I can format it to fat32. Any ideas? The drive cost me around £40, so I'm not sure if there's any point in throwing any more money at this thing. Any ideas? :confused::wallbash:

2. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

You tried a firmware update of the media player?

3. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Does the media player have its own format utility that can be used?

4. zukomonitor

zukomonitor assumption is the mother of all....

Have you tried formatting the disk while its outside the Cowon?

if you try to connect the player to the computer when the player doesnt recognise the hdd, then it wont be able to tell the comp that their is a hdd

in otherwords connect the hdd directly to comp and format.

???