1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Request for help in drawing

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Asulc, 18 Mar 2010.

1. Asulc

Asulc Minimodder

I am going to be getting a tattoo soon. Before you ask, yes I have thought about this, I know it will be with me forever, it does mean something to me, and I am willing to deal with all of that. So now down to business...
    I want my tattoo to say "Love your brother". I love the way the Italian language sounds, and so I want it written in that language. According to freetranslation.com it would be "amare suo fratello". I don't know how accurate that is, so someone let me know if that is wrong grammatically or anything.
    As for the actual tattoo, I don't know about capitalization of different letters or not, but that is what I want it to say. What I need help with, being artistically challenged, is the design. I think that tattoos that are block letters look really bad, so I want something that flows and looks good. I am going to get it either on the shoulder blade or on one of my pecs.
    If there is anyone out there that would be willing to help me out with the design of this, I would really appreciate that.

2. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Although you've asked here for someone to double check the grammar, I would recommend asking around your local area to see if anyone knows a native speaker. In language, context in grammar is everything. While the translation may be literally correct, it may not interpret the way you intend. I don't speak Italian, but an idea as nebulous as "love" may translate different when intended in a platonic manner. That is, unless you actually want to condone incest in your tattoo.

As for the art, I would also ask around for reputable tattoo shops. When you find one, ask for an opinion as to how the image will look on your desired body parts. Remember that the human body is three-dimensional, and certain body parts have very specific curves and angles to them. A good tattoo artist will be able to adapt your drawing to fit on the body part of your choice.

As you said, you're paying money for something permanent. You have to look at it the rest of your life, so you might as well get exactly what you want.

3. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

4. Vigil

Vigil Not geek enough

Can you ask the tattoo artist to doodle out some design?

A friend asked me to draw a tattoo of an angel for him and I humoured him. Didn't think he'd actually carve it all over his back. He may live to curse my name in his later years ;)