1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 Resistance 2 Multiplayer Impressions

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by themax, 24 Oct 2008.

1. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

After my first night of playing the Resistance 2 Multiplayer Beta, I can't help but say that the Co-op Online Battle Scenarios have to be some of the most online FPS fun I have had in a long time. 8 People cooperating against overwhelming enemies was a blast. Soldiers and their shields protected the medics and spec-ops (myself) that support them. It was crazy seeing the soldiers take such a pounding from the larger chimeran forces that attacked, and it was great to see so much teamwork. People called out flanks when the chimera tried (on numerous occasions I might add) to flank and also pincer our group, and the game assists by showing who needs what via icons (I could easily tell who to dispense ammo too without having wait for someone to call out). The Map we played on was huge and there is so much going on when you get into the fire fights. The best way to explain the feel thus far of the online co-operative play is like an instance in World of Warcraft. All the enemies have more than normal health, and deal more than normal damage. If your team can't find a way to sync and push and maneuver you WILL fail the scenario. You get experience both from performing your class’s specialty and killing the enemy naturally. Headshots do more damage and the game even lets you know when you're on a spree or credits you with reviving someone (I'm not sure how I did it, but I manage to drop about 5 chimera with headshots in about 20 seconds and the message popped up with "Nowhere to Run" in the bottom corner").

I'll be trying out the competitive multiplayer as well more co-op this weekend. But so far the multiplayer is a blast! :rock:

2. Majik

Majik Another CPC refugee

I know I'm a little late for this thread but we've only just moved over to this site from CustomPC. I have to agree that Resistance 2 co-op is amazing fun and the teamwork is instinctive (most of the time!). It's my favourite online game since Mechwarrior 3.