1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Revisiting Alpha Protocol, I decided to look for a...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ravenheart, 20 Oct 2010.

1. Ravenheart

Ravenheart What's a Dremel?

Patch for the game and shockingly I found 1! Right here Alpha Protocol: PC : Install Patch 1.1 but can it really be called a patch? No list of what's actually fixed! It simply just says issues with installation/activation and other MINOR..... technical problems, funny thing is I had the game bought for me and haven't even installed it yet nevermind played it but I'm intrigued on if I will like it now due to reading the 'Revisiting Alpha Protocol' thread! That said I'm definitely going to give it a try and I think for no reason in particular that I will actually like the game.

Anyway back to the so called patch, all you get is an exe replacement (and no not a crack file!) but for those who can't be arsed to click the above link it says the below,

We’ve recently released a patch for Alpha Protocol PC that addresses issues with installation, activation and some other minor technical problems. Below are the simple steps to install the update.

1) Got to:
    http://help.sega.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=262&nav=0,1

2) Download the new APGame.exe

3) Open Alpha Protocol’s binaries folder. The default location is:
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Alpha Protocol\Binaries
    Though various download retailers often change the default layout to be under their own folder. For Steam specifically, the folder should default here:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\*STEAM USERNAME*\Alpha Protocol\Binaries

4) Replace the APGame.exe in the binaries folder with the new APGame.exe you downloaded.