1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards RMA advice please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by noizdaemon666, 27 Oct 2011.

1. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Quite a few months ago I sent back my P55M UD2 to Aria as it failed. It took them longer then they estimated to get it repaired and then it failed 45 minutes after me receiving it back (annoyed wasn't the word lol). So rather than mess about waiting again I bought the MSI in my sig and contacted Aria for a new RMA.

I have sent them over 10 emails since then requesting a new RMA as you can't do it through their site (it says you have to return to manufacturer). I've also rang them multiple times but haven't got through (20 minutes waiting each time).

Given that I now want BF3, I'd like to get this sorted and sold. So my question is, should I just go along with whatever they say when they eventually reply. Or should I politely ask for a refund/different replacement? I feel like I've just been messed about and they don't give a toss now.

Edit: Oh, motherboard was repaired in June, so it shows how long I've been trying to get an RMA out of them :grr:

2. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

as a consumer your issue is with aria you should NOT have to deal with the manufacter at all for the warranty period and even after that you can challenge it still.

Tell Aria your sales contract is between you and them not the supplier and they HAVE to raise an RMA and either replace or fix it no question wthin the first 6 months of purchase after that its up to you to prove its faulty.

3. noizdaemon666

Oh it is definitely faulty, won't power on full stop lol Any advice on how to actually get through to them? Emails and phone calls all seem to be falling on 'deaf' ears :(

4. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

They have a few members who work for Aria on other forums who you can PM directly. I'm not sure if we are aloud to talk about other forums in this regard.

Last edited: 27 Oct 2011
  5. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

send them an email informing them if they dont repsond and start the RMA process within 7 days you will be contacting consumer direct and starting legal proceedings.

noizdaemon666 likes this.
  6. noizdaemon666

Cheers adam_bagpuss :thumb: I'll give that a shot. +rep

I just hope they fix it properly this time :grr:

7. rob the bank

rob the bank What's a Dremel?

As some one who often works on the "dark side" it is surprising how often you get something back that works fine when you test it.
    As not all customers are as good at fault finding as they think.
    If possible I would borrow a mate’s mobo just to confirm your PSU, CPU and RAM are actually OK.
    If they are RMA the board for a refund, if the item has a fault from new then you have upto 6 mths to still insist on a full refund, this also includes reasonable postage cost that you have paid to return it.

8. rob the bank

rob the bank What's a Dremel?

Sorry Noizdaemon666, hadn't spotted your amount of posts, you should know what your doing ;=)

9. noizdaemon666

Thats ok rob the bank lol I took it all to work originally and had it tested (it's handy working at a computer shop :hehe:) Then when it had gone the second time I got my new board which it all works fine in so I'm 100% sure it's the old board.

Off topic, I also know what it's like to get stuff back that's "faulty" when it's the customer who just can't use it properly.

Tags: