1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Rockstar appeals Manhunt 2 ban

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Aug 2007.

1. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

I somehow think its highly doubtfull that nintendo especially, but sony too would reverse there positions of refusing to have it on their consoles will be reversed even if the ban and AO rating were, though I guess it would open up the possibility of them releasing a PC version, or maybe 360 one if MS would have them.

2. kmrastegar

kmrastegar What's a Dremel?

unfortunately for you, forunately for society, this is just your opinion. Saying you dont think it should be released on the grounds that YOU do not like the content is facism. i dont like pop music, i think it provides kids with shallow ideals, and id be happy if it was banned because i dont like it, BUT its not my choice. the choice is up to the people who buy it. and i like the fact that we can give people that choice. because it gives ME the choice to buy what I like.

Manhunt 2 should be released. Why? mostly because i want to play it. I wont lie. Manhunt was fun. i enjoyed suffocating people with plastic bags. i enjoyed stalking people and slicing their throats. its immensely fun. I dont care if theres no point to it (actually there was. it was a very dark and enthrawling storyline. i enjoyed it). But i could NEVER kill or even hurt anyone in reality. Im a big wimp. Im a big facsist. But MAN is it fun making people piss blood in video games. cos thats all it is GAMES. and whats wrong with people being honest and just saying its FUN to mutilate pixels on a screen...cos by gosh it is!!! :)

and dont to all who come back with the "kids kids kids" reply....its not FOR kids. period. tackle the real problem. bad parents and shops selling to underagers....Guns are legal to own in alot of countries. And parents can buy their kids guns if they choose in the same manner that they could be a game for their kid too. Whats the difference?? Parents dont seem to think violent games can influence their children. YES they CAN influence children. At the youngest age, children are very influenced by what is around them. it is how they learn. it is science. This is why we do not show them violent films. and it is why we shouldnt give them violent games. Tackle the real problem.

But adults can make decisions on their own. and i gurantee you, NO adult who doesnt have the capacity to kill anyway, will kill because they pick up this game. End of story. End of case. And your are an ignoramous if you think otherwise. Period.

I really hope the ban is reversed. the only thing that dissapoints me about this game is that it wasnt developed for a next gen console. Poor graphics always make me enjoy a game less (i say poor only because ive played gears of war and bioshock...i now EXPECT this level of graphics engine in games. lol. anything less starts to hurt my eyes)

3. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

Do I think the game should be banned, no, censorship to that degree is wrong, however I do think it should have been given an R18 certificate and only distributed through r18 licensed premises, it would have been the only way to show the morons that buy 18 rated game for their ten year olds, that it isn't for kids.
    We do seem to have a Large market in the UK that still believes that games are all for children, no matter how many 18 ratings and "this game contains graphic violence" stickers are displayed, and its not helped by having all games of all ratings intermixed on displays in shops like Game. So lets move the distribution to locations that you have to show your ID to even enter. And to the vocal 13-17 year olds that will complain about not being able to buy it, tough, grow up, it just takes time :D

4. fluxity

fluxity What's a Dremel?

It seems stupid that they let very violent films through but ban a video game. It should obviously be an 18 if it ever gets released and places like GAME should have it in its own section with some warning signs or something. If parents end up buying it for their 12 yr old then it's their retarded fault, should be a better parent.

5. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Fluxity has a good point there. The video game shops should have a separate 'adults' section for 18 rated games so its pretty obvious they are not for kids.

Tags: Add Tags