1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Rogers forces own content onto users

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Dec 2007.

1. Godboy_g

Godboy_g What's a Dremel?

Wow, this make me glad I no longer use Rogers as my internet provider. Now if only I my telco would bring that TV service they've been promising. Then I could be completely Rogers free!!

2. RedDethX

RedDethX What's a Dremel?

Already use Bell, go me!

3. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

This reminds me of something an old employer did. I used to work for a consumer ISP in the UK and they decided it would be a good idea to change all the holding pages for domains registered with them from their normal "this domain has been registered by <ISP> for one of our customers" to a rarther tasteless page absolutely rammed with Yahoo adds (i dont think they could have physically put more adds on the page even if they tried).

Suffice to say once I found out all the parked domains I had with them had their DNS deleted, I wouldn't have minded if the revenue generated from my domains 'free' holding page was split 50/50 with me, but as you can guess...it wasn't.

4. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

yup. in Canada, AT&T = Rogers. we call it 'Rogers AT&T'....... (and it owns Fido now, which i use for my cell :( and its been goin downhill ever since... stupid Rogers)

5. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

ewww, this does NOT sound good! I hope it doesn't become commonplace

6. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

See, if Rogers had good speed, no caps, and no annoyances like this, they'd arguably be making more money by having more subscribers. Why companies do this, (even if you can "opt-out" what a crock) is beyond me. Shooting yourself in the foot.

Tags: Add Tags