1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Room+computer

Discussion in 'General' started by dazedpro, 15 Jan 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Its like those utterly sterile Ikea demonstration rooms; your place utterly lacks the feel of being "lived in" :eeek:

2. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

i wish i had the free time to make my entire house feel that way....

/me = uber anal retentive neat freak

3. customh

customh conflagration.

What size mon atomic?

4. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

If I took a pic of my spare room or office cupboard you'd not be saying that!

20" Widescreen. Soon to be a 24" Wide when I've paid off my car.

5. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

Well, at least it looks like I'm not the only one who likes it that way. However, I seem to be the only one who's not able to keep it neat like that though...

6. customh

customh conflagration.

That settles it, i have to have a 24".

7. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I want the new 2407 from Dell... Im gonna have to wait for that though.

8. customh

customh conflagration.

If they are silver like the new 30" and has hdmi this thing will be the first thing on my doorstep when i save the ~$1500 for it

9. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Yep same series as the 3007.

10. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

I got mine for $20 off ebay, it would have been $90 if it was shipped.

m4tu^, proportions man. You have huge speakers and you need a huge monitor to balance it out, Im thinking you need at least a 30" widescreen.

11. orb

orb satisfying.

i'm thinking about buying a 21" triniton as i have a 19" trinition right now, but the shipping costs a bomb ;F

12. Cardan

Cardan What's a Dremel?

13. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Meh, about time I started posting again. I've been busy :(

But... upgrade :) Demovitater posters are sweet, but nothing compares to the new 24" Dell. It makes my once-giant 20" feel tiny.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    yeah, if you look closely, that is a Newegg beach towel in the mirror (stapled above my closet now). I should take off that new lens for flash shots though, it really gets in the way, hence the dark corners. Whatever.

14. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Finally, a side to side comparison of a 24" to 20", the 20" really does look tiny!

15. customh

customh conflagration.

I want to see lineup of the dells, 17 to 24", anyone know where to see this?

16. speedfreek

That settles it, Im getting a 24". So big. So expensive.

Firehed, how do you pay for this stuff, dealing drugs? :hehe:

17. Firehed

Heh no. Not doing them helps though - most druggies I know are totally broke constantly. My other expenses are about zero, I sold a ton of crap on eBay that I no longer needed which pretty much covered it in full (I sold a 6800GT for $250, incredible seeing that a twice-the-performance 7800GT is about $15 more), and I look for sales. Like all of the demotivator posters - I picked them up on sale for about 40% off. I paid $1200 total for both of the widescreens, and the 24" alone used to cost more than that. And the z-5500's were a birthday gift. I'll also point out that I made about $12k as a high school freshman selling crap for diablo 2, which helps.

The 24" is much nicer overall though, in addition to the size. Component-in plus a 9-in-1 card reader, and the contrast is better and the viewing angle is far better (at an angle, blacks on the 20" turn purpleish; 24" has the same angles as a CRT as far as I'm concerned). The only problem is I just picked up Oblivion, and the 6800GT doesn't cope well with that at 1920x1200 (or even the lesser 1680x1050).

Biggest difference is that in typical landscape mode, the 20" isn't big enough for running apps side-by-side most of the time. It's no prob on the 24". Though my stupid windowed firefox keeps resizing itself to basically fullscreen, and I never think to resize it unless I'm actually doing a lot of multi-window work.

For refernece, the 20" is about as tall as a typical 17" panel, give or take, but a few inches wider. You have more desktop real estate than it seems, and widescreen gaming is far superior. I put up an old 15" for comparision at Teh Bl0g. Stack two 15" panels vertically for an approximation of the 20" when rotated.

Of course, I just got accepted into Babson where I'll probably go (touring again next Friday), and it'll cost about $43,000/yr. I always envisioned starting my adult life with $170k in debt. Too bad Bentley doesn't have a better entrepreneurship program, as they offered half-tuition (meaning $60k off). So I might have to lose some of the stuff, or at least give up on getting it.

I really should do something with that Aquatube on the desk though. It's too expensive to use as a paperweight, but watercooling a fileserver when near-passive air works fine is just asking for trouble.

18. speedfreek

Kinda like selling drugs, I have friends that are hopelessly addicted to wow.

19. Firehed

Except that d2 is legal. Fair point though. I'm hoping D3 (if it ever comes) is a similar style to D2, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I could turn upwards of a half million if I got in early enough. That was over just a couple of months, and after being split between myself and another friend.

20. customh

customh conflagration.

How did you make all that cash on d2??? And thanks for the reference shots, do you like the 20 or the 24 better for gaming?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.