1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Rotary Tool ?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by A80, 25 Mar 2012.

1. A80

A80 What's a Dremel?

So i have been reaseraching rotary tools and have narrowed it down to three choices so far. The rotary tools i have decided on are the B&D RTX-6, Dremel-3000 or Dremel-4000. The problem I am having is which one is going to get the most for a fairly tight budget.

The B&D-RTX-6 Got a pretty good review overall for its cost functionality and motor but i also read that it can overheat quite easily. This tool does fit in a budget easily though.

The Dremel-3000 had some good reviews as a upgrade from the Dremel-300 which seemed to be quite a popular modding tool. With the more powerful motor and variable speed it appears to be a wise decision.

Then there is the Dremel-4000 which is a bigger upgrade from the 3000 model with even more powerful motor with the electronic feed back and multiple options and attachments there are many things that can be done with this model but are they really worth the extra money over the 3000.

which would you choose and why. Thanks

2. Phillthy

Phillthy What's a Dremel?

I'd opt for the Dremel-3000, firstly, it's a Dremel (nuff said!) and secondly you're right about it not being worth the extra money over the 4000.

3. dirky90

dirky90 Minimodder

4000 is great, but the 3000 would do most jobs

4. Vetalar

Vetalar *learning english*

for first time modder almost any dremmel clone would be sufficient IMHO. buy cheaper You can get - no worries about breaking it. and You'll learn what exactly You want from rotary tool. and then decide to spent $ on 'pro' tool. also all replacement parts and other stuff (discs etc.) are mostly interchangeable.

5. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

Just a heads up try gumtree and ebay i got my dremel 3000 for £20_£5 postage as it was an unwanted gift came completely unopened so might wanna give them a check. but yeh it;s the one I'd recommend

6. Dazbo666

Dazbo666 What's a Dremel?

I've never owned or used a branded Dremel, so can't comment on that specifically...
    I have a Black & Decker rotary tool, bought from B&Q, which has more than proved itself over the years

(This one, although I don't remember paying anything like that price... maybe £40 tops)

Last edited: 17 Apr 2012